Should Sh1te Harnesses be Banned (1 Viewer)

joebag

Reaction score
theirs plenty of evidence for suspension trauma,also slight nicks or damage to a harness can reduce or even render its worth useless ,should the cheap and nasty ones that go into your groin be banned and the ones that support you at the thigh be allowed

,,,,money comes into it obviously but would a ban on these discourage or encourage people to wear a harness ? :wondering:

I would rather spend the bit extra to get a harness the lads like to wear as its half the battle if your comfy you will wear it cost does come into it but what price do you put on a life how many lads do you see walking around without the legs in the harness when questioned the answer you get us it's a cheap harness that causes rubbing

I've paid the extra few quid for my own harness, it looks a little like a ropeys one,, took a little getting used too... I look after it, and obviously inspect it or have it inspected on site and have it reccorded in the register etc etc.... it's one of your last lines of defence in regards to fall protection... and should one be so unfortunate to be suspended, it does add the extra benefit of protection to your bodies nether regions. The sooner the better your rescued from suspension, no matter what equipment protection your using.

I would struggle to find a harness on the market that could be described as sh1te. Everybody has their favourites and their least liked but all I have seen are certificated as fit for purpose. It always amuses me how attitudes can change when the user has to dip into his pocket for it though. One past employee who no doubt will see this and recognise himself moaned daily about the £100 harness, the £40 boots, the £20 overalls, the £15 V-Gaurd, the £100 waterproofs and all the other stuff I can't remember but thought nothing about wearing a £10 jacket from Pat & Willies for the dancing.:laugh:

by sh1te its the ones that give you a blood clot or embolism if hung in it for 3 mins or more,,,,

thats what i call a sh1te bit of safety equipment mate,

you wont fall to your death quickly we will slowly strangle your legs till your heart gives out :cry:

The ones without the leg strap to let you stand up?

no mate,ones that i think were originally designed for riggers,window cleaners etc,the leg strap goes round your thigh instead of the thirty quid ones that go under your groin and splits your coin purse:cry:,they are rated in the states at time allowed for suspension in them,not checked here,will now ;)

Well by that definition I'm sure 95% are sh1te then as that's all I have seen other than the belt type.

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

And 30 brick wouldn't cover it.

Personal Protection from engelbert strauss

bit ott this one but you see the principle,you can get them as a bodywarmer type that you slip on,so comfy mate and when i was in the states i had one that buckled up the front and had my tools down the lappells ,no belt at all,that was in the florida sun so this methods well tested lol ;)

Last edited:
FFS Joe the boys would look like storm troopers with that lot on and the only gig we would get would be for the gay pride march.:eek:

Think I will stick to the step and the sh1te one's, maybe look at the one's where you can stand up but can't see your average scaff wearing that lot.

lmao,i know that ones a bit too freddie mercury but you see the principle, you can see how your frogs dont need a belt as they can be attached straight to your harness,its one movement to put tools and safety on mate,for a man with your conscience aom got to be worth lookin at,,,,get you one with a kilt built in ;)

what about this as your new wagon mate,wont look gay in this ! [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c839FBFKyiw&feature=related"]Assault Breacher Vehicle sees first combat in Operation Cobra's Anger - YouTube[/ame]

At 00:20 is how i rock up to all my jobs !

Last edited:
Good shout Joe, It is something I have also questioned for a longtime now. I personally feel my climbing harness is far safer and comfortable than my scaff harness. With the climbing harness you can easily stay suspended for long periods of time, and remain safe, and in control, without the fear of blood supply being cut off from your sack.

Unless you clip on,which i'd hazard a guess is near zero% for most of us,their a total waste of fecin time the lot of them.
I'd rather sign a disclaimer and take me chances.
hard hat-fair enough,think they've saved many a scaff a sore head.
steel toe caps-fair enough,common sense.
gloves-hated them,but would'nt be without nowadays.
eye protection-bollox,restricts vision too much.
step up system-best thing for years if used properly.
harness-waste of time,uncomfortable,hinder more than help.

They all should be banned untill you personally feel like **** me I need a harness !!

Top Bottom