Scaffold design in Australia (1 Viewer)

Aussiescaffy

Reaction score
Hi I'm wondering if anyone knows how to go about the transition to becoming a scaffolder to scaffold designer in Australia or if there is a market for it here? Just seems like they use programs for most of the scaffolds where I have worked.

When i was running a job down under it was very difficult to get an engineered design drawing and I was working for a major international service provider! It was easy enough to get a 3D picture on autocad but there seemed very few qualified engineers available. I ended up using a guy in Melbourne who was extremely busy so there must definetely be a market gap there.

Aussiescaffy,
I would also be very interested in knowing the answer to your question.
I have been in Perth approx 6 months and I believe that there will be a need for this service over here.

Theres definitely a market for it.

How you would go about it in Australia I don't know I'm afraid. We have an engineer at 48.3 doing that very thing at the moment (see previous threads about it) but thats obviously in the UK... but I guess it can't be that different.

B

I've looked it up and you have to do a civil engineering course and that takes about 4 to 5 years full time hmmm might stick to scaffolding

Top Bottom