Scaff step

big john

Reaction score
Im after a couple scaff steps,the ones with the pull out pins like on the haki temp roof frames,
The cheaper the better,
Cheers
John

I know,but I don't like the idea of advanced guardrail systems,unless there is one that u can slide along the lift in front of you,is there one?

I know,but I don't like the idea of advanced guardrail systems,unless there is one that u can slide along the lift in front of you,is there one?

Got any ali tube? Good way is to attach doubles above the guardrail you have in place then slide it out, keeping the tube within 2 doubles. You can then walk out and put in the permanent guardrail from behind the ali tube.

I did think about that,how do you fix your first handrail without traversing? Jordan clamp? Or just clip to ledger?

Got any ali tube? Good way is to attach doubles above the guardrail you have in place then slide it out, keeping the tube within 2 doubles. You can then walk out and put in the permanent guardrail from behind the ali tube.

how do ya get to the next standard? just clip between two dubble put another on go back and slid threw???

Looking at all the AGS like fast guard etc,the cheapest is the scaff step by far,we could do with a sliding frame that we could just kick forward infront of us as we move forward,easier said than done I suppose

Yea,looks ok,but prob costs a bomb,and see how much extra **** you will have to cart around with you,

Comes in a back pack 6 couplers and 2 extendable wands pretty easy for carting about. At least you don't need to put the 21s in the back pack ha ha maybe about £400ish for the set

John, you can get a unit you slide in front of you but you still have the same problem with the hemps as you need to keep them high to support it. The sliding the tube on doubles just above normal hand rail height so you can fit a permanent 1 as you go is good for the long straight runs. G-scaff posted a couple of good videos on how he gets round the problem but for me the steps are the simplest solution but I have never used the b-safe as we also use some system.

John, you can get a unit you slide in front of you but you still have the same problem with the hemps as you need to keep them high to support it. The sliding the tube on doubles just above normal hand rail height so you can fit a permanent 1 as you go is good for the long straight runs. G-scaff posted a couple of good videos on how he gets round the problem but for me the steps are the simplest solution but I have never used the b-safe as we also use some system.

I agree aom,so back to the question,
Where can I buy a scaff step with the pins you pull on to free the step from the handrail?
Cheers
John

I agree aom,so back to the question,
Where can I buy a scaff step with the pins you pull on to free the step from the handrail?
Cheers
John

the pins like on the canpoie why if you going for the scaff step why not go the hole 9 yard and get some made up with a coupler on to really secure them on lol might be a laff and a joke that by maby just maby tg2013 might request that the slip value on the cmobi safe step is the same and any other fitting :notrust:
not sure but some 1 did say the cost around £90 quid try the usual george robets beaver genration how the bussiness going all good marra

a be safe guy came to our site few months ago a first bag with one wand and six sleeves is 800 quid and its awful and dangerous. we were lowering a 16 with the it and the tube slid out because they didnt grip well.

a be safe guy came to our site few months ago a first bag with one wand and six sleeves is 800 quid and its awful and dangerous. we were lowering a 16 with the it and the tube slid out because they didnt grip well.

If you tunnel correctly its the safest way for an experienced scaffold gang to work. Also it puts less strain on your body!!!!

Ragscaff

the pins like on the canpoie why if you going for the scaff step why not go the hole 9 yard and get some made up with a coupler on to really secure them on lol might be a laff and a joke that by maby just maby tg2013 might request that the slip value on the cmobi safe step is the same and any other fitting :notrust:
not sure but some 1 did say the cost around £90 quid try the usual george robets beaver genration how the bussiness going all good marra

It's goin ok thanks bud,fuckin hard work,I'm still doin some days with my old firm and doin the odd days,evenings and weekends for myself,plus I've realised what some mates told me was true,that you will never have enough gear,it doesn't go very far

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

I got two I don't want PM me.

Ragscaff

Pm sent ragstaff

Top Bottom