Layher

Kev

Iv used it in the past---rapid gear, are you erectin with it at the moment ?.

Yeh, been doing it for about 3 years, just been on my part 2 for it. Its alot easier than tube like.

Ive heard that it gets used alot abroad and in power stations, really interested in something like that but havnt a clue where to start?

Used it before but have been using it extensively for about 3 years In a Refinery , at first it was awkward because obviously in a refinery environment nothing is strait forward. but as we starting getting all the fancy components to go with it and a bit more experience with it you can overcome most obstacles. but still have to use t & f in places.

dixon use it on the line crossings . and they no how quick it can be knocked up
so they altered the price structure on target work . .

tried it for a year but need to many components , usually go down cuplock route as can intigrate scaffold boards

They use it here in New Zealand aswell, can't stand the stuff! Difficult to get off the truck, difficult to carry, there is no adjustability with it compared to t+f. Does go up very quick though.

I prefer tube and fitting in everyway

I see Trad are in love with this crap. The only place system scaffolds are any good for is core work or simple towers/independents.

i worked with the parars striking that stuff love it good clean fast love it

They use it here in New Zealand aswell, can't stand the stuff! Difficult to get off the truck, difficult to carry, there is no adjustability with it compared to t+f. Does go up very quick though.

I prefer tube and fitting in everyway

What would you say is the split between system and t+f over in NZ?

i like the fact that you can combine t/f with it nice stuff too work with used it with both t/f and ally beems

used it in the aviation industry around aircraft under wings ideal for this purpose. Probably one of the best systems out there if you've got all the components.

Its probable about

1/3 tube and fitting
1/3 layher
1/3 angleloc

To be honest, it depends who you work for. The company i am working for using it all but there are companies who just use layher and only layher.

Its probable about

1/3 tube and fitting
1/3 layher
1/3 angleloc

To be honest, it depends who you work for. The company i am working for using it all but there are companies who just use layher and only layher.

Do they use wooden boards with all of these or do they use decks with system?

Do they use wooden boards with all of these or do they use decks with system?

With layher, they use there own metal boards which are held down by lockdown plates. Layher has everything of thier own.

With Angleloc, we use steel planks. They think these are good because they don't require any transoms but thier so old that there rotting so can't see them being around for much longer. Also bloody heavy aswell.

We use Layher Allround and Speedy Scaff here in New Zealand and i reckon its awesome stuff, there are alot of components so have to plan a job well but is super fast when you get a good team going

Thats the thing with New Zealand cgizzle there is not that many gangs out here that are any good , been here for two years in the south island and i have meet many scaffolders but have not actually meet any scaffolders if you know what i mean , this is just what i see in front of me . In the two years i have been here i have had three accidents caused by bad scaffold practice caused by other so called scaffolders .

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 AM ----------

I would say that tube and fitting is the lesser of the scaffold in New Zealand as Layher and Layher speedy frames take the biggest chunk of the market with quickstage and h frames and that causes a problem as when the kiwi scaffs come to erect tube and fitting they just make a mess of it

Im from the Uk but only ever scaffolded over here but reckon we run a couple of good teams here in Nelson, all comes down to good planning I reckon, your boys have to try pretty hard to **** things up if you have everything sorted for them. Dont get me wrong my boys dont always get it right but we have compleated some awesome jobs. I dont have much tube and clip expereince as have only ever worker with layher but the stuff is so bloody well designed that we have never found anything we cant do with it. Would love to get some tube and clip work just to pick up some new skills at some stage though.

Layher is quick, but, toeboards are crap, it's gappy, the standards stick up into the lift on the top deck of a birdcage, it's very costly, and worst of all it's German!

Top Bottom