allright everyone (1 Viewer)

goodfella

Reaction score
now then all im 43 years old a yorkshire lad been scaffolding 25 years all over i have no qualifications but can do just about all work thinking about doing them now allways been a bit sceptical about courses as i have worked with quite a few advanced who dont know their arse from their elbow [though worked with plenty top scaffs with it too] came to thinking its just a money racket e.g. pay your money you pass ,some of these lads couldnt even put in a splay could do with a bit of advice i know i have to start at bottom part 1 part 2 advanced nv q [super advanced part 29 obe ect] why cant their be a test say a week give you drawings erect the jobs and assess if you can do it how you do it and a theory test to complement this no multiple choice test what knowledge you have in your head how many scaffs do you see with manuals and notes on site .another fear is that their is some numpty straight out of college no practical experence running the course what are the instructors like. glad of any advice of you lot thats me rant over cheers all. ps this lanyard thing we are gonna end up a cross between robocop and a trussed up chicken

Hi Goodfella

Its great to have another scaff with your kind of experience onboard!

Welcome To The Scaffolders Forum!

Top Bottom