16 foot boards

scaftek

Reaction score
anybody still using these, good for the front of a terraced house (1 set of boards) not so good on a monday morning a couple of hundred of these arm and heart breakers to hand ball up 10 lifts or is it me being soft.

Same here, not seen any for years.

Used to have a load on one of my old firms but they evetually all got cut up for some reason. Like you said, dead handy for certain jobs.

Dave.

Hello List Members

hello dear all

My Name is shakeel Ahmed and i am working at sindh Engro Coal mining company here in pakistan,
as HSE Officer.
love to to be the part of this forum to share knowledge and gain more knowledge regarding Scaffolding safety.

Stirling Safeway used to use a 16ft x 3" thick board with a steel fixing on the last foot with there frames .set out at 8ft centres no transoms used.They were a propper *******,don't want to see anything like again:wacko:

Last edited:
hello dear all

My Name is shakeel Ahmed and i am working at sindh Engro Coal mining company here in pakistan,
as HSE Officer.
love to to be the part of this forum to share knowledge and gain more knowledge regarding Scaffolding safety.

if i can be of assistance please feel free to post any questions and i will help as much as i can, i have 35 years experience anf am fully conversant with TG 20 scaffold guidelines.

still had them on the firm i used to work for and they are real old looking and the ends are the shape of a half fifty pence peace

I have used 16 foot boards too, back in the mists of time.........and like other posters say, they are good for certain things.............but I also remember using 24 foot Alloy Tubes...........now, they were really useful.......

I was talking to these two old boys been in scaffolding since time begain and got all the respect for them and they were talking about 18foot boards and 26foot black tube (thats when men where men i suppose ) good on too!

anybody still using these, good for the front of a terraced house (1 set of boards) not so good on a monday morning a couple of hundred of these arm and heart breakers to hand ball up 10 lifts or is it me being soft.
how high is that terraced house:(

16ft boards sounds good. Like you say fronts of terraces. Does anybody know where I can source some

under the illusion that parker timber at belvedere sold them , should imagine about 15 quid a piece now tho !

Charlie,

You can still get 8m Alloy Tube ther not that hard to get ahod of either, they are still used to manufacture 8m beams and so on. if you know the right people that is, if you need any i can probably get some?

And the 16' Boards, you would have to get these from a timber yard, becuase of the new legislation BS2482:2009 any board suppliers wont make any specials! i tryed getting some 10' battens for a rail job a few weeks ago but didnt get very far..

Last edited:
what did u want 10ft battens for mate , got any 10ft ledgers to go with that

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

you lot still in touch with Donald Mc Grath

The rail company wanted to bolt them down to something, they sent some crazy drawing over. it looked like they were using them for some form of sleepers?

how high is that terraced house:(

Hey scaftek you forgot to put a comma after the closed bracket's .
This geezer thinks there is 10 lifts in a terrace !!

Top Bottom