Design Drawing (1 Viewer)

tomcat

Reaction score
We have been asked (ordered) to provide a Design Drawing to show a putlog scaffold in the gap between 2 opposing gable walls (980mm Wide) on a new build site.

The main scaffold is independant but the gap only allows for 4 boards wide if done a'la putlog...

They are insisting we supply a Design as there was a collapse on one of their sites elsewhere involving a scaffold such as this..

My opinion is that a Design for a scaffold such as this is not required, and as we are a small firm we have to use a seperate Design company at a cost of £450-£500.....

Simple question is... Who pays for the Design????

Regards to all..

Just quote him an estimate. It really should have been priced in the job and if it doesn't comply with tg20 it needs it but you already know that. Swing it a bit and see what they say, you never know.

Your client should pay for the design. Putlog scaffolds are covered by TG20 therefore if it your clients preference to have a design - fine but it's his cost.

Cheers aom, have got a H&S meeting on site this week so will try scare them out of the idea....

AxSD, exactly my opinion too..

There is a lot of scaremongering about these things and it's not the first time I have had to take a copy of tg20 on to site to try and educate them. The only problem I found with that is it has to look exactly like the pretty picture as the average agent seems incapable of reading or understanding any text.

Top Bottom