best impact wrench (1 Viewer)

joebag

Reaction score
As Swifty says just to be fair lol,but seriously im interested in these iw's,think theres definately a place for them even if its just for the strip so whats the best you have found ;)

there isn't one ..there ****....

Dewalt for me with a no nonsense guarantee, make sure you buy it from someone who has a Dewalt approved repair centre and get the whole lot replaced 1 week before the warranty runs out.

Makita for me, only tried that and the hilti but Makita hands down.

what about the bloke who follows you to do the strip wrenching his arm off with a spanner be a proper scaff and scrap the impact wrenches

Had the panasonic for the last 6months cracking bit of kit and is the best addition to this otherwise archaic manual job that rips your shoulders and hands to pieces. Anyone who doesnt see the benefits of the impact wrench is either to set in their ways to change or just aint interested in speeding up their work rate and getting the job done easier. 17 years of twisting the spanner have taught me my trade but the impact wrench has made me start to enjoy it again.. however as said I own the Panasonic and its spent a fair bit of time getting new parts as it does have issues with the ball that holds the socket on and the gearing has also gone once but to be fair its had a damn good hammering but ive given up on that now and bought myself the new milwaukee and its an animal of a wrench and a bit more heavy duty had it a week now and so far so good... couldn't see my self turning the spanner all day long again. Its painful watchin the blokes who dont have one and you find yourself dancing round em all day long.. Impact all the way buddy and the milwaukee also comes with 3years warranty when registered on line 2years on the battery. You wont look back I can assure you of that

Started doing a 40 foot long X 13 wide x 65 foot high lightwell and had to go back to my spanner as the noise would be to much , fooking hell my wrists ache and i feel as slow as fook without my wrench , which i only started using a year ago they are an awesome bit of kit

Keep a pair of ear plugs on standby for jobs like that phil - i find the same wiv str treddas they seem to amplify the noise lol. I went out the other day & 4got my batts ffs all day trying to swing a spanner like a fookin newbie lol

It was not my ears I was worried about it was the residents who's windows look into the lightwell they would have had a heart attack :laugh::laugh:

How does a man on daywork make more for the company, surly if your getting a days wages you produce a days work regardless of using a spanner or impact wrench

Its not just down to the amount u earn but how much easier it is on ur body.

I'm selling a HILTI SIW 22A if anyone is interested

Its nothing to do with the money factor although im sure we'd all appreciate that little thanks for all the graft from them that reap the rewards of our hard labour, its the pride I have in myself when I get home knowing ive earned my money earned them some money and still got some strength left in my arms to lift all them beer cans up to my lips, plus when it come round to the usual dry spell of no work they aint gonna be looking this way when a few lay offs have to happen. Its all about the long game and safeguarding yourself as much as you can in this crappy little industry.

Top Bottom