Pricing internal Birdgage

Reaction score
Pricing birdgage 3mts high x 30mts x 7mts width double boarded

Priced a few latley can get close to other quotes

any help on estimating

We would be looking around £3800-4200 for something that sort of size

Based on good access with 1 weeks hire

Last edited:
i'm not in the business of su-contracting or contracting, or wanting to know anyones pricing, but is £3800-£4200 not a bit to cheap? i

is the 3m to the top hndrail ?
3mts high x 30mts x 7mts x £=

Remember its internal so you need carry if you dont have an internal rate / or add 2-3 pounds on to your normal rate ?

Birdcage

What is the hire period?, does all the scaffold have to be erected at any one time?, What is the maximum centre's of the standards?, is 3m the height of the working lift? One other thing to remember, 7m wide, 2 outside boards either side, now scaffold is 6m wide possibly saving a line of standards.

Neil

I have calculated it to be closer to £7k and thats just to erect/strike no hire charge on that but would be looking for approx £150 a week extra.

Last edited:
Time I put my prices up.:idea:

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Still just a days graft for a squad though?

haha, they shifted some steel this week. The 26tonner loaded from site at 2 o'clock it was bouncing, a good walk as well but they were mob handed on that one. I have 4 sides around 100 foot each but only 10 foot high to do Tuesday, more than 400 boards on that one but haven't worked it out yet but looking to do that in a shift as well as it's around 60 miles from base.

Pricing birdgage 3mts high x 30mts x 7mts width double boarded

Priced a few latley can get close to other quotes

any help on estimating

Hmmmmm interesting question, youve had ideas from all over the country with prices from £3800 to £7000
Surely you should consider your own cost, like how much wages you paying, overheads, profit etc
Are you busy or do you need it?
What size firm as obviously the bigger you are the more cost's you have.
Spend some time and do some workings out and see what you are happy with
Sorry if negative but with the lower quote given you could lose a fortune or with the bigger quote you wont get it anyway, good luck

30m long x 7m wide x 3m high = 630m3 this in turn = 23 cube
in the old days before metric you would erect 5 cube a day per man for 10 hours, so in old money you would have 4.60 man days to erect the steelwork
carry would be extra and the 520 boards would be costed at £0.80 pence per board erect

4.60 x 120 = £552 steelwork erect
520 x £0.80 = £416 boards erect
carry ???

How this comes out at some of the prices quoted is beyond me

Top Bottom