temp roof (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
im 21 only been fixing a lil under a year now this was my 1st temp roof im currently working in the south west but looking to move to Sussex or Surrey any one no of any work around those areas
thanks

josh

Attachments

• 2011-08-09 16.40.25.jpg
    2011-08-09 16.40.25.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 478
  • 1312904464742.jpg
    1312904464742.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 441
  • 2011-08-09 16.39.26.jpg
    2011-08-09 16.39.26.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 426
Welcome,few comments about the scaffolding.BRACES ever heard of them?Never seen a temp. roof with so few braces can't see any sway braces.Did you erect this to a drawing?If the independent is like this God knows what the actual roof is like,but then that's only my opinion.

Welcome,few comments about the scaffolding.BRACES ever heard of them?Never seen a temp. roof with so few braces can't see any sway braces.Did you erect this to a drawing?If the independent is like this God knows what the actual roof is like,but then that's only my opinion.

Don't give him a hard time mate.

You'll be asking him how he erected/is going to strike to SG4:10 next, due to an obvious lack of single guardrails on the unboarded lifts...

i will be perfectly honest and say that every window had a pinch in and the job as a whole was not moving an inch and in my opinion it was a perfectly deccent job for a one fixer and a labourer the roof its self was well supported and as for the shrink wrap it was all done by me.im only young and am more then welcome to critisium from any one whos been a scaff longer then me. so please keep posting so i can learn alot more
thanks
josh

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

oh yh and as for the hairdresser they were all munters lol

im 21 only been fixing a lil under a year now this was my 1st temp roof im currently working in the south west but looking to move to Sussex or Surrey any one no of any work around those areas
thanks

josh

Sorry Josh
nice sheeting don't make a nice job.
Seriously, given the omissions in the basic scaffold I would hate to think whats missing in the lid.
As mentioned in other posts this falls into the design structure category I would recomend; as a matter of urgency, that you call one and get him to visit today to tell you what you need to do to make this scaffold safe.
I wish you well
regards
Alan

Jobs all ready been struck it was done back in November I've learnt a lot more since then and hence y I'm looking for wrk back where I'm from as I know from previous experience wen I was labouring on crowe it's pretty much just town town down my way and I wanna get better at wat I do

southwest who in there right mind let someone who has only been scaffolding under a year erect of his on back a temporary roof of this size and on the public foot path ?

There is a whole heap of kit missing just from what can be seen from the photos , the stress that a roof can come under from wind alone means it needs braces and lots of them usually every standard above the gutter level , ties at every standard , plan bracing . a few pinches dont do it mate apart from that it looks "PUKKA" :D

Top Bottom