cscs card, help????? (1 Viewer)

akscaffolding

Reaction score
Hi, im new to this site and im looking to get a cscs card, ive been scaffolding for 12 years now and have never really had a need for a cscs card until now, ive been to college and passed both part1 and part2 9 years ago and never got round to doing the coarsework, i have the certificate's for passing but not an actual scaffolding card, thing is the way im reading it (if im correct) is that i need a scaffolders card to get cscs card, is this right?? Any ideas on how and where to go from now??? Craig.

You will have to call Bircham Newton and plead your case . At the very least you will have to do a computer based health and safety test . Call 01485 577875 , good luck .

You will have to call Bircham Newton and plead your case . At the very least you will have to do a computer based health and safety test . Call 01485 577875 , good luck .

Ca i do just a basic health and sfety test that allows to me to work on site etc???

You can do a basic health and safety test but this will only allow you on site , if you desire a scaffolding specific CSCS card you will have to do a scaffolding specific test (there are very few scaffolding questions to this ) .
My advice to you would be to contact CISRS and explain the training and amount of years experience you have , if you can prove your training and experience you have a chance of getting on a course that will bring your qualifications up to speed .

Hi m8, that link didnt work, can you resend it??

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

You can do a basic health and safety test but this will only allow you on site , if you desire a scaffolding specific CSCS card you will have to do a scaffolding specific test (there are very few scaffolding questions to this ) .
My advice to you would be to contact CISRS and explain the training and amount of years experience you have , if you can prove your training and experience you have a chance of getting on a course that will bring your qualifications up to speed .

Ok, il give them a buzz 1st thing and go from there then, fingers x'd, cheers for you help

Hi, im new to this site and im looking to get a cscs card, ive been scaffolding for 12 years now and have never really had a need for a cscs card until now, ive been to college and passed both part1 and part2 9 years ago and never got round to doing the coarsework, i have the certificate's for passing but not an actual scaffolding card, thing is the way im reading it (if im correct) is that i need a scaffolders card to get cscs card, is this right?? Any ideas on how and where to go from now??? Craig.

Hi Craig ,

You need a CISRS card this is the scaffolders variant of the CSCS, I assume by course work you mean NVQ 2 portfolio you will need to complete one or attend EWPA (the link Paddy posted) before you can apply for a Blue Scaffolders card.

However in the short term there is no reason why you should not be issued with a trainees card this will be valid for 18mts and you will be expected to complete your NVQ portfolio or attend the EWPA during this period.

To apply for a trainees card (which will get you on site as part of a gang) you first must do the touch screen test , send off your pass certificate along with copies of your part 1 and 2 certificates, two photos and a completed application form which you can download from here http://www.cisrs.org.uk/documents/card_trainee_application_form.pdf

Regards Podger

Just to add to whats already been said, you will need to register onto the NVQ system which will cost £72.50 (iirc). Part 2 portfolios are £25.

I have blank portfolios here which I could copy and send, drop me a PM if you want one.

Dave.

Top Bottom