Help Needed for a new business (1 Viewer)

digger10

Reaction score
Hello and can anyone help me with some info - i have got a big job starting soon making me go alone - do i need to register the business and how much will the best price be on the insurances. I have got the gear sorted and the transport but its just the tax, insurance side that i have no idea. Can anyone please help or put me in the right direction?? Also i may have 2 men self employed how will that work with the tax and insurance??

Hi Digger, at the time of writing this there was no other replies but with the moderating process there may well be by the time the posts go up. You maybe should have posted on the main page of the forum where you would have got a better response.

Insurance is a nightmare and it's just not worth taking any short cuts with it. It's usually based on your turnover but as it's your first year they will probably make a figure up and charge you on that basis. Shop around, one of the suppliers is a forum sponsor but there are others floating around who may have already PM'd you. Make sure they have a good rating as it's easy to get caught out with the price, like everything else cheapest is rarely best. If you have self employed, make sure they carry their own insurance as they will pay a lot less but again make sure you inform your company as some just don't like too big of a percentage coming from subbies but it will make a difference. Also make sure they give you their CIS details as that could go horribly wrong very quickly and keep meticulous records of all deductions and yes, you will need to register your firm with the tax man and maybe the VAT man depending on your level of trade but with 2 subbies that would be enough to tip you over the threshold no problem.

Top Bottom