Australia (1 Viewer)

Reeceiboy1

Reaction score
Anybody know anything about the job on Barrow island in Australia

What's best way to apply?

Thanks

Prob best off being in oz first if your not allready there.

Barrow Island is the Gorgon project. I have a couple of mates working there at the moment. The job is behind schedule at the moment. CB&I are doing the tanks and modules. Think its generally 28 days on 9 off but it may have changed. Supervisors are getting around 260,000 $ a year.
Camp or barge accomodation with alcohol limited to 3 light beers a day. Fly in from Perth or Karratha.
Dont think the major scaffold works will get underway for some time yet.

Barrow Island is the Gorgon project. I have a couple of mates working there at the moment. The job is behind schedule at the moment. CB&I are doing the tanks and modules. Think its generally 28 days on 9 off but it may have changed. Supervisors are getting around 260,000 $ a year.
Camp or barge accomodation with alcohol limited to 3 light beers a day. Fly in from Perth or Karratha.
Dont think the major scaffold works will get underway for some time yet.

I’ve just noticed it states this on the job advertisement for the supervisor role.
Are you an Australian resident?

If you are not an Australian resident, please attach proof of documents allowing you to legally work in Australia to your application

260.000 a year ,that’s good money ,what taxes would you pay on that HSWT?

46% johnny but there are different tax allowances. I used to get a rebate for medical insurance plus one as I lived in a remote area not in a FIFO camp. Should be getting another rebate when Aussie tax year ends on June 30th.
Its unlikely a supervisor would get a 457 visa in WA as companies must show that no Aussie is available for a particular job. SA is different.

fred sent you mail i would be very interested in this job if could have word or put me in right direction cheers mate.

how you go with the barrow island job reecei any luck

Top Bottom