Cant wear shorts rule

K

kev

Is anyone else sick of this silly ******* rule.

Needs to be sorted out

I would say heat exhaustion is a much bigger danger,than short sleeves and shorts could ever be,unless it's a chemical plant,the powers that be purport to have our safety in mind,but we all know as long as their *rses are covered they dont give a f*ck about scaffolders,we're such an easy target for these people:mad:

HSE do not agree with this rule!

Principal contractors view is you may get cement or other possible harmful material on your skin. But as we do not use a mixer etc seems a bit dim.

They do it for ease of management, across the board easy to control. Same as glasses, gloves & hard hats.

No very proactive is it, access your job & wear the appropriate PPE for the task!!!

Simples!!

Ragscaff

silly rule but as ragscaff says its easier to police across the board.

Should be able to sign a form when your inducted to say if you do get an injury
Because of wearing shorts then you are not allowed to claim

I honestly can't see anyone allowing shorts on many sites nowadays. Assess the risk is fine but I can't think of many reasons to write on a Risk Assessment to justify shorts being included as appropriate PPE. It's bad enough with all the injuries the boy's are coming up with in their leisure time, it's a steady stream of broken bodies coming to my door on a Sunday night with broken fingers, damaged leg and now snapped tendons, dangerous game this shinty.

Should be able to sign a form when your inducted to say if you do get an injury
Because of wearing shorts then you are not allowed to claim

Wouldn't be worth the paper it's written on Kev, employers are simply not allowed to shirk their responsibilities and rightly so.

It's bad enough with all the injuries the boy's are coming up with in their leisure time, it's a steady stream of broken bodies coming to my door on a Sunday night with broken fingers, damaged leg and now snapped tendons.

Another good night in Glasgow had by all LOL:p:D

haha, do you think they are that out of it they reckon my wee hoose is the local hospital.:eek:

haha, very good GM. Sorry to disappoint, very modest I'm afraid.:noworry:

i hate not being able to wear shorts. does my nut in. nothing worse then being in hot jeans or summink all day :(

I guess its all down to the claim society these days. Years ago people would just pop along the local A&E and get themselves stitched up etc.These days what employer can take the risk of a claim from someone who got skin cancer wearing shorts or scraped his shin. Only the other day there was a newspaper reporting on its front page how a 11 year old boy got a nail stuck in his hand at a bus stop. We all had this like that happen to us it was called "being a boy".

Like 99% of these things it's all about reducing insurance premiums.

You cannot blame the contractors really. Let's face it, if someone said to you "we can do your new kitchen for £5000 if the guys fitting it wear full PPE, or it'll be £5500 without" what are you going to do?

You're not going to care about some kitchen fitter being possibly hot and slightly uncomfortable, are you?

Maybe you would, but I'll bet not £500 enough...

Suppose so like about all te claims. annoying that when we do get a bit of sun tho we have to sweat our ******** off in pants.

How about skirts? Are they allowed ha

Top Bottom