YouTube - My EXISTING Channel. (1 Viewer)

J

Jason-Gibbs

Morning Fellas.
Been quiet on here for a while, been working longer hours, then usual... so its been difficult to get on.

But, i do have some new videos that some of you will like, some of you wont and most of you will hopefully enjoy. :)

The first two are of a job i helped build inside a Church:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stc5gUUyJMw]Bisleys - S.H Church, Quex Road, Kilburn, London, UK. (2012 - Boiler house) - Pt1. - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzO1XUhAS_Y]Bisleys - S.H Church, Quex Road, Kilburn, London, UK. (2012 - In the Church) - Pt2. - YouTube[/ame]

And this was at night, in East London near Aldgate East Station... proper dark and 'orrible down there.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEiPUGmIUjQ]Skanska - Aldgate East Station, Whitechaple Road, London, UK. (2012 - 'Haunted' Room). - YouTube[/ame]

Ill be about over the weekend.
Have a nice one, yourselves and dont get too burned or drunk in the sun. ;)

Remember: If you dont like these videos, read the title of this thread FIRST and dont view it.

If you do, please enjoy and ill be getting some more of the 'Beast' next week and some other interesting work soon.

Thanks guys.

Jay.

Ya. The Skyline ones are pukka.
Is there anyone here in Dubai working who can get us one from there? :idea:

Did I hear something in the news a few months ago about the government increasing the VAT on the refurbishment of listed buildings?
I seem to remember that the news said it would hit the church of england very hard with all their listed buildings? To the tune of millions?
If so it might be that the church has decided to quickly pump some cash into referbing their church's now to avoid all the extra tax they'd have to pay if the new VAT thing goes through.
I only mention because we have just priced to scaffold the inside of a church near me for re-painting.
I'm not very political or religious but I like it that they have acted quickly to avoid the new VAT increase, sort of like they've got one over on the tax man.

He's a supervisor for Trad:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

jason if i could video i would throw a few videos on mate !!! think your a bit miss understood on here mate!! but i think your a top gezzer few on here that would like to move around and get a job like you!!!! but there 2 busy putting brickies lifts up for 80 a day and 90 if the boss ante got to buy new gloves fookem mate!!!! give the bloke a brake the forums borng enough anyway !!! keep them comeing jason

Have some photos on other laptop taken from top of HHR tower on Sheik Zayed Road. Looking down on the Trade Centre towers. Will post them once other is repaired.

That would be pukka Fred mate.
Pictures of the trade and how diverse it can be is nothing but a good thing imo.

Who do you work for jay ?

D&R (Rail Division)/Special Works... NOTHING like the other D&R branches - who are shiite. The 'Special Works' are a decent lot, small operation, unusual work.

Interesting stuff.

He's a supervisor for Trad:laugh:

Im far too hardworking to be a Supervisor for TRAD. :p
Far too good at Scaffolding too... as they only have the useless f.uckers in the office on that Firm.

Aint that right Chris? :D

jason if i could video i would throw a few videos on mate !!! think your a bit miss understood on here mate!! but i think your a top gezzer few on here that would like to move around and get a job like you!!!! but there 2 busy putting brickies lifts up for 80 a day and 90 if the boss ante got to buy new gloves fookem mate!!!! give the bloke a brake the forums borng enough anyway !!! keep them comeing jason

Thanks Kev mate.

People DONT get me here.
They think im trying to give it the 'big-i-am' and im really not...

I dont show off in any of my videos.
All i try to show is that Scaffolders are NOT stupid mindless bullies and we CAN do intricate work and can take pride in our trade.

Also, ofcourse - the videos are all posted on my online CV on LinkedIn along with my blogs on Twitter. ;)

It costs me nothing to make a simple 1 minute video.
But, i could well get a nice few jobs out of it.
If i do, then the 2 minutes a day i spend filming one of the jobs ive built or helped build will be worth every second of effort.

Whats the point in all this technology if we aint going to use it to our advantages?

Say it dont work and i end up looking a c.unt?
The way i see it... i look a c.unt anyway, so what harm is it doing? lol.

More videos via YouTube and pictures via Twitter to follow...

Thats it jay marra ad say just jelous ya getting this type of work i no i am lol knocking 3 side up for dashing does get boring marra keep up the vids and keep the ears open ;)

AYE YA KEEP YA BEST SCAFFS ON THE SPANNER MAKING YOU MONEY LOL

Whether you are building a Hanger under the Forth Rail Bridge (which i regard as VERY prestigious work) or slapping up house fronts in South London, it dont matter.

All that matters is:

Your working.
Your earning enough that you can atleast have a fairly good life.
Your well and so is your family.
... and most importantly...
Your HAPPY and take pride in your work, as well as have a hunger to push yourself forward and improve.

Like i have... like we should all have. :idea:

Imho, anyway.

Whether you are building a Hanger under the Forth Rail Bridge (which i regard as VERY prestigious work) or slapping up house fronts in South London, it dont matter.

All that matters is:

Your working.
Your earning enough that you can atleast have a fairly good life.
Your well and so is your family.
... and most importantly...
Your HAPPY and take pride in your work, as well as have a hunger to push yourself forward and improve.

Like i have... like we should all have. :idea:

Imho, anyway.

atm working isnt exciting lol i believe it should be ere marra we got to do this job fuking right.... got a tower and stack to do feking hell dnt thing av done out eles in last 3 week lol gets a bit repetative and wuld my sel fenjoy the challange of other work beside ya tippical street work time will tell ;)

If your willing to put a bit of effort in and take a risk, theres interesting work out there.
That SuB-Station work advertised a while ago sounds pretty unusual stuff.

Id have a go of that. :)

Putting effort in may get you somewhere.
But most of the time you go to work and try ya best and get f.ucking no where

Last edited:
Another few updates:

Harewood - St. James Square, off Regent Street, London, UK. (2012 - Stand-by). - YouTube

Little touch... Sunday work - full shift for about 20 minutes work, lol.

And... drum roll...

Mansells - York Way, Kings Cross, London, UK. (2012 - Gate 24A) - Pt6. - YouTube

The 'Beast'.
Upto the 7th floor, fully completed and this section i handed over today.
This is 1/3 of one of the worlds biggest Tube and Fitting Scaffold Staircases. :cool:

Few weeks brake - working other places, then ill go back there and carry on taking it up higher.

Eventually it'll get upto its full height of 280ft, or so.

More videos to follow on my adventures.
Possibly of the job im on tomorrow. ;)

Top Bottom