Linmar scaffolding (1 Viewer)

I have been scaffolding all over Great Britain and Ireland for the past twenty years.I have never had a day off sick, worked mostly seven days a week and when I was in Ireland worked away from my family for five weeks at a time.I have worked blue book sites power stations and construction.The money has been very good.I was layed off from a job in London at the end of August and so decided to work for an agency for terrible money for this Linmark company because it was a job and I have never been on the dole.The first day I was there I was layed off with some others because the boss who I have heard is not a scaffolder did not like the look of us! I have been phoned by another agency twice who have taken over from the last agency because he is getting rid of men on a regular basis.This has really knocked my confidence, as I have never experienced this before and just want to work.[/QUOT
Hello markh iv got to say mate you have been very lucky to work on blue book jobs for so long but what i will say is jobs have went down hill for scaffolders there is no sign of a slow down its not you mate its just the way things are at the minute dont get me wrong there is still work out there but you can not walk from one job to another like you could a few year ago keep looking some think good will come your way might take a few weeks but some think will come along so don't stress and good luck

Agencies are all the same, minimum wages maximum ********.

Where are you based Mark?

There seems to be more and more work popping up on the job centre now hopefully you will find something soon mate.

Thing in our industry are picking up believe me. It may be slow but it is in a lot better state than 12 months ago. If you are only having this problem now then you are one of the lucky ones. I know scaffs who were laid off 18 months ago and had to do agency jobs for minimum wage not even scaffolding. Just got to stay confident there were times when I thought I may never scaffold again things were that quite.

Dont let it get you down mate,just remember that with a track record like yours over the last twenty years,you must be doing something right,most people are just numbers to agencies they couldnt give a toss,be patient mate you will get sorted. good hands dont stay idle for long..:D

Top Bottom