New belt set (1 Viewer)

deb

Reaction score
Anyone got any good ideas how to soften up new belts and frogs ?? bought the lads new ones last week and there stiff as ****... I've got ways myself but thought this post might be helpful...

never tried that one... coated them with dubbing.... might try that mate, cheers... would you dubbing em after the bat once they dry out ?

Would the hot bath work even though I put dubbing on already ?

Last belt I had offshore I put in in a bucket of oil over nite, then dried it off next day, that worked ok...

The milk of a rare Mongolian Shark-Cow usually works for me.
But you have to milk them on the 14th day of the month to makesure you have the right hormone levels to soften the leather.

Heated up in a Copper kettle using only natural fire and wood from a Canadian Oak Tree.
Soak them from the 2/3rd's angle of the moon out yonder to dawn.
Then dry using the hide of a Tazmanian Devil...

Works a treat. :D

or just do the hot water method.
Upto you. :p

Thats 30 seconds of my life I won't get back... funny ****..

1 month of 12 hour shifts 7 days a week working on long runs that will break them in.

You 2 retards are way too experienced for me.. thanks to the other posters though....

This if just personall prefrence. After they have soaked for a few hours get the middles out of base plates and place in to the frons also ram your level home in it a few times then just let it sit in it a bit snug as you dry it out the leather will mold to your level allowing easy removed and replace and the base centres in the frogs protect the frogs from wear and tear and if you have a tape frog just throw it you dont need 1 on the street when u got a level ;)

This if just personall prefrence. After they have soaked for a few hours get the middles out of base plates and place in to the frons also ram your level home in it a few times then just let it sit in it a bit snug as you dry it out the leather will mold to your level allowing easy removed and replace and the base centres in the frogs protect the frogs from wear and tear and if you have a tape frog just throw it you dont need 1 on the street when u got a level ;)

Cheers mate.. worth soaking them now though I've put dubbing all over them..??? :nuts:

Issue them to the lads as they are, and tell them them "Work in the rain, that will ease them". ;) Never ever done anything with my belt kit but wore it, soon gets broken in, anyway... my IW is in for its MOT on Mon.:eek:

:bigsmile:
Issue them to the lads as they are, and tell them them "Work in the rain, that will ease them". ;) Never ever done anything with my belt kit but wore it, soon gets broken in, anyway... my IW is in for its MOT on Mon.:eek:

Got all on making the fukers work in the dry mate...:bigsmile:

Anyone got any good ideas how to soften up new belts and frogs ?? bought the lads new ones last week and there stiff as ****... I've got ways myself but thought this post might be helpful...

Plenty of use will softer them up. Give them plenty of work.:D

Top Bottom