been offered work in Canada (1 Viewer)

steady 29

Reaction score
Hi lads iv been offered a foremans job in Canada but am waiting to see what is going to be offered but if anybody that has worked there i would be greatful if you could you pls let me know of the going rates thank you

Theres a good few who have.
Good luck with your new job. :)

looking at previous posts i dint think the moneys very good over there and it gets damn cold in the winter....but what a fab place to work in, real ray mears country

ty hot spanner and iv heard its about 15 - 20 an hr but as i said its only what iv heard am looking for some clerification as want to know im not getting my pants pulled down wen the offer comes in

Wot is tht 15 to 20 pound or canadian dollars an hour dude?

Hi mate I've just done 9 months for a Canadian firm out in Aruba...spoke to a lot of the Canadian lads there and sone English lads who now live in Canada and they say it's an amazing place to live and bring ur family up...one of the lads says 3k Canadian dollars a week for 5 x 10 hours and an 7 on a Saturday is the average rate ??? But be prepared to be out of work for 3-4 months over winter cos nothing happens because of the weather..if ur Canadian u can claim like an insurance what you pay into all year for the time your off but if you English I don't know what the score is..hope this helps mate

I think it's roughly the same as the us dollar mate so 3k is prob bout 1800 a week...I think ??

Bear in mind this was for working out of town, which in Canada isn't hard cos the place is massive..they pay bout 150 dollars a nite lodge but the lads I was with said you can get motels for like half that price and pocket the rest ??

Hi mate I've just done 9 months for a Canadian firm out in Aruba...spoke to a lot of the Canadian lads there and sone English lads who now live in Canada and they say it's an amazing place to live and bring ur family up...one of the lads says 3k Canadian dollars a week for 5 x 10 hours and an 7 on a Saturday is the average rate ??? But be prepared to be out of work for 3-4 months over winter cos nothing happens because of the weather..if ur Canadian u can claim like an insurance what you pay into all year for the time your off but if you English I don't know what the score is..hope this helps mate

That is working out at 57 hrs. A wk. = roughly 53 Canadian dollars per hr. I wish you luck getting that money. Scaffolding is not a recognized trade in Canada. Most of the scaffolding work is done by carpenters. You be lucky to get 30 dollars.

That is working out at 57 hrs. A wk. = roughly 53 Canadian dollars per hr. I wish you luck getting that money. Scaffolding is not a recognized trade in Canada. Most of the scaffolding work is done by carpenters. You be lucky to get 30 dollars.

Yeh the small works is done by carpenters mate, but u need to get on the big plants. Best bet is to contact a steeple jack company. That's what I worked for, there boys do the climbing but when it comes to the scaffolding they haven't a clue.
Doing a rope access course won't do u any harm either..a lot of the steeple jack firms are doing general maintainance work and loads of scaffolding required, drop scaffolds etc. they have just found oil in Newfoundland (my mate lives there from boro) they about to start work on building a whole new rig

exchange rate is around 1.52, so its a good wage that mate.... have you got all the details as you will need a work permit etc..good luck and I would say take the chance...

I have details mate but if you are going over on an LMO for a certain company you can't just jump to another firm as visa is only valid for said firm.

thank you deb and im waiting for the details as we speak but the bloke is traveling atm and has said he will be in contact and yea i defo gonna go for it if its a good offer

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

aw cheers vllb but i aint that kind of lad anyway im a firm believer if some1 has put some time and effort into you they deserve to be repaid for that thats y im trying to do my home work before i accept any offer which is made

thank you deb and im waiting for the details as we speak but the bloke is traveling atm and has said he will be in contact and yea i defo gonna go for it if its a good offer

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

aw cheers vllb but i aint that kind of lad anyway im a firm believer if some1 has put some time and effort into you they deserve to be repaid for that thats y im trying to do my home work before i accept any offer which is made

If this mob is paying your visa flights etc. you will more than likely only be able to work for him as they will be your sponsor. You will be tied to them for 2 yrs. Depending on what they offer you.

Top Bottom