What is 'KwikAz' (1 Viewer)

Ross.S

Reaction score
It's a neat new product used to hold up debris netting, screening or shade cloth onto scaffolding. It replaces wire or plastic ties and is heaps quicker. It's widely used in Australia and should be considered by every scaffolder. Go to the website Scaffolding Hardware Solutions - KwikAz to take a look at how it works.

On the website, the picture shows the tie going through the netting away from the stitched strengthening with the holes in. I'm thinking that the netting will just rip

The clip actually grips onto the netting and reduces the amount of ripping. The hole made by the clip is equal to the hole a zip tie or wire wold make. We haven't experianced any excess ripping on chain & shade or straight netting.

looks ok but tieraps are very cheap

---------- Post added at 06:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

whats the SWL if using on sheeting ?

I have used kiwkaz tie alot and they are ok but not brillant , they are very quick but they can tear the netting and as they are used in tension in very high winds we have found them to spring off

No real problem with tieraps other than the time it take to install then. KwikAz is simply faster I believe, as confirmed by Paul.

No real problem with tieraps other than the time it take to install then. KwikAz is simply faster I believe, as confirmed by Paul.

All what i said in previous quote i would rather use them over plastic zip ties or wire or string that i have seen used in Nz , my only regret is that i never thought of it first as i think this product will be hugh in the scaffold industry

Having the clips come off in high wind really isn't a problem rather a benefit as it reduces the wind force loading on the scaffold. Interesting reading on this at http:/itpltd.com/en/article/11-06-new-item

Looks good. Nettings on the outside here. What wind speed before they release?

The avarage force required to detach a clip is 213N or 20kg dead weight. Any engineer will be able to do the sums on the number needed but our experiance is that they will withstand winds of up to 30km/h. Obviously if you use more the resistance willbe greater and then the wind loading factors come into play.

Cheers Ross,ties here are designed to release in high winds,cant remember the speed.
How does that system work if attatching netting to outside of scaff

you simply put a clip in the driver handle then push one of the points through the netting and then push the clip over the scaffold tube/pipe. You will finish up with one of the points on the outside of the scaffold frame and the other tucket away under the pipe ont he inside. Can send you a diagram if you want as we are yet to load this up on the website. Slack I know!

Top Bottom