Impact wrench

2 more pictures in the "impact drill " thread by jaimeryan

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:
impact wrench leave it out. get the spanner own it

you cant stop evolution---a Scaffolding custom made Hand Held Powered Spanners is on its way, and coming to a Tool Shop near you ;)

And I can't wait for it to be accepted by the nationals!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two Global Tool Manufacturers have expressed an interest, however, input from the Scaffolder to identify improvements to the Design of the Spanner is required.

The impact wrench used at the moment in not Designed specificity for the purposes of Scaffold Erection, nor is the Torque Rating comparable with B.S. 1138.

The Tool Manufacturers have acknowledged this anomalies and are seeking feed back to address the problems, however, in the interest of Designing a Tool fit for purpose the users / Scaffolders will be asked for their input.

So, lets start now, here's your chance to contribute, SCCR...

Garry...

They could make it closer to the shape of a spanner, along the lines of an air ratchet not a drill.

Swifty

Good option, Iv sent ragscaff some preliminary basic illustrations of the Tool casing and a custom made frog---The Manufacturers asked for basic illustrations, the illustrations are of course subject to amendments but I hope it gets the Ball rolling and with brain storming sessions something will emerge, I dont have electronic copies to send you, however, ragscaff is going to try and get CAD Drawing produced---Thanks for the input, just the sort of thing we need ---given that there is over 5 K members perhaps we will get more interest.

Garry...

Maybe an option of the battery on the belt a protected power lead to the "impact spanner" thus reducing the weight in lifting it above shoulder height ?

Maybe an option of the battery on the belt a protected power lead to the "impact spanner" thus reducing the weight in lifting it above shoulder height ?

Good idea.

That could also act as a lanyard

Redviking

A good point for consideration, self weight of the Tool, especially when it is used at or above shoulder hight, given that we already use lanyards fixed to the Spanner, perhaps a trailing wire from a power pack to the Tool would be an option---I was looking at capturing the kinetic energy omitted from the motion of the Scaffolders movements ( the swingeing of the spanner in the frog ) and using it as a trick-ell charge to the Battery, this provision would allow for a lighter battery that is charges with captured kinetic energy.

But, yes, all these input ideas are exactly what is required, we shall have to think out of the box, perhaps use a frog on our chest, rather than the Traditional waist belt---keep them coming Redviking---try and imagin the Drill bit being square and slotting into a frog which has a square groove, as I said to swifty , I have no electronic Drawings at the moment but when I do I'll post then so you all can contribute.

Gar...

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

Aye, Swifty, beat me to the lanyard Buds ;)

Remember a farther and son trying to bring these in about 4 years ago on the new build in Warrington can't think of power station name now it was an FGD new build anyway they spent more time going to change the battiers that work.
Was going on about repetatif wrist strain and all that ha ha.
if you work away there is good excuses for that in your digs haha.
never mind the spelling

Remember a farther and son trying to bring these in about 4 years ago on the new build in Warrington can't think of power station name now it was an FGD new build anyway they spent more time going to change the battiers that work.
Was going on about repetatif wrist strain and all that ha ha.
if you work away there is good excuses for that in your digs haha.
never mind the spelling

Well Andy I am the "son" and I get 8 am til 1pm out of one battery which coincides with are brew then the other battery got me til finish . So if you were on that project your memory has let you down ;-)
If you were informed by word of mouth then it's Chinese whispers .
Regards
Paul

i cant ever see me using one , im just not organised enough to keep them altogether and charged and serviced . they look really handy when you can change the sockets for ties etc .got to depend on the job .

Got one

you cant stop evolution---a Scaffolding custom made Hand Held Powered Spanners is on its way, and coming to a Tool Shop near you ;)
Already got one of these,it's called my right arm,still going strong after 40 years!!

I had a wee go of one the other day, I hope it wasn't the same as the one the scaffs are using as it seemed to weigh a hell of a lot, it seemed quite an old one so maybe they have come on a bit.

Top Bottom