anyone used "van thiel scaffolding" (1 Viewer)

Orac

Reaction score
worked a long time ago for a company in heywood, saw a scaffold of theirs recently, they use a system called "van thiel" its ordinary scaffold tubes but with a connector in each end, its really quick to use, you can have all joints in same bays, standards can be in same bays i'm surprised it hasn't took off, here's a link to the site.

Van Thiel United b.v. - building on safety

hi m8, the vanthiel tube are a awkward tube but are time savers in long run when the client can remove inside boards themselves lol(you do mean vanthiel with 1 and 2 board sliders?

We have over 3000 of the telescopic transoms. Like said, they save a shed load of work on adpations. The 'originals' are very expensive but we found a cheaper alternative. If anyone wants more info where, give me a shout. Also the copies are not quite so fussy with the connectors, the clip is really fiddly and prone to bending, the alternatives use a kwikstage style pin, much better.

Dave.

i think lyndons use the same type, they have 4/5 board ones which extend to either 1 or 2 inside boards;)

no one use the van theil tube lock tubes?

i know what you mean orac, i havnt used it but we have had the van thiel team out to see us and explained the process of how they convert your existing tube into van thiel style system , personally i think it was probably a good idea , it eliminates the need for sleeves and spigots by converting existing tube so it has a male end and a female end which are used to connect to each other and it is stronger than sleeves or spigots and they only have 3 diff sizes of tube 13ft, 10ft an 8ft plus transoms with wedge style couplers . its designed so you dont use time and energy humping big heavy tube around or servicing fittings or measuring out etc etc

hiya lads,im with mccrory's(dont laugh)n we use the vanteil system n i thought i was crap at first but getting used to it now n it is a good system but when u want to change something,you have to rip most of it apart!!.

And on another note,i've just got the new balistic tool belt n there is no wieght to it lads!!

Crossways in halifax use it tubes are no longer than 4m and no need for sleeves really easy just like t+f with sleeves

i thought it was a great system especially how heywood scaffolding had their yard & wagon set up, you could load your wagon in 20mins & be out of yard.

Top Bottom