Which Belts Do You Prefer? (1 Viewer)

What Type Of Scaffolding Belts Do You Prefer?

• Total voters

Buy Brand Tools

Forum Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi all

As you may already know we sell a few different types of Scaffolding Belts.

nylon-scaffold-belt-with-tools-SET2-thm.jpg

leather-scaffolding-SET2-with-tools-thm.jpg

black-leather-tool-belt-set-thm.jpg

It would be great to know which belts you prefer and what is important to you when buying them.

Is quality the most important criteria, do you just want it to be cheap and cheerful, is the way it looks important or do you not care?

It would be great to get your thoughts!

Thanks

Neil

Last edited:
just an idea post up some pictures of the different type you stock;)

Only ever had to buy 2 in the 20yrs ive been scaffolding,both were bought in Hartlepool from a saddlers shop,really tough leather that doesnt stretch very much,top notch kit..

Iv never baught a Belt or Frogs in all my 38 yreas in the game---I generaly make my own Belt and Frogs---best B+F's I ever made was from the peice of I cut from the leather shroud which covered the splice on the Mooring Line on the Brent Spar.

When I first started with SGB I used a peice of string round my waist and hung my Podger from that---when I needed a Frog for my Keys I made it from a peice of hose pipe of the site...it's all changed now, you got Fancy Belts and a Frog for nearly every thing under the Sun, well that progress for you...happy days :cool:

my belt is a tan leather belt made by a local saddler very good thick leather big brass rivet things holding it together, had it approx 15yrs now and it saved my life or at least serious injury 2yr ago while scaffolding a car park with nightclub on top of it , i was 6 lifts up next to the concrete stairway leading up to nightclub, stairs were about 3 or 4ft from scaffold and i tried to just hop across but totally unbelievably my level somehow fcuk knows how managed to slot inside the end of a tube and as my weight shifted it must hav just jammed solid , cue superscaff75 going arse over tit looking a right fcukin plum and literally just left hanging in mid air, level jammed in tube , my back to the scaffold, my head pointing to the 8 my feet pointing to the 2 like ten past 8 lol staring down a 4ft wide near 40ft drop to concrete floor, lads had to go on stairs and scaffold to take my weight so to get level out tube an drag me over into stairs by then 2 rivets had given way an 3rd was ready to pop out, for safety they had clipped my harness back onto scaffold which was too short to reach over to stairs total head trauma that incident was funny looking back but nervy at the time lol

Iv never baught a Belt or Frogs in all my 38 yreas in the game---I generaly make my own Belt and Frogs---best B+F's I ever made was from the peice of I cut from the leather shroud which covered the splice on the Mooring Line on the Brent Spar.

When I first started with SGB I used a peice of string round my waist and hung my Podger from that---when I needed a Frog for my Keys I made it from a peice of hose pipe of the site...it's all changed now, you got Fancy Belts and a Frog for nearly every thing under the Sun, well that progress for you...happy days :cool:
ram the belt i thought the pocket in the side leg of the ovets was for the spanner

We made our double frogs out of a single as cut the band and thread and bolt off also drill two holes in the curved bit of the single to fit the 7/16 and 1/2 inch spanners in and the attach it to a looped piece of leather and they last forever , was taught this from a old SGB boy years ago but the thing is when these old boys retire there knowledge retires with them and its a shame

Ive got a dewalt belt, its made from ballistic nylon or what ever its called, its very lightweight and strong if u get it with the buckle not the snap shut, also got the double frog which hasnt needed any copper pipe inserts, single tool holder for my level and tape holder and ive had it nearly 3 years and is still spot on will easy outlast my old tan leather belt

Heavy black leather for me. I inherited mine from my dad, also a scaffolder, it was specially made for him. I've felt its weight in more ways than one, he whacked my arse with it when I was a lad. Still, I deserved it, pity some of the youth of today don't get the same thing!

Any Chance of a belt and froggs made out of C*NT Skin ?????
No mater how much stick you give it it will last for ever.
Best of all ready made hole for your SPANNER

Tan leather for me.My belt has lasted 28yrs so far. I got it from our local army surplus stores.It was originally a GPO riggers belt used for cloimbing telegraph poles .It gets a bit stiff in the winter when its wet,the brass rivets are all smooth on the inside & I only have one set of holes left on it. But its never let me down..

Top Bottom