by the way....

F

fernando

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi lads,
just a quick note to introduce myself.
Im from Glasgow but now live in Oxfordshire.
Ive been on the spanners for over 14 years and now Ive moved into health & safety.
Scaffolding has been great but you have to look beyond the humping and manual handling and toll it takes on your framework.
Anyways ,a familiar question,Australia,how do you get in?.I have a friend who owns a steel erecting company in WA but not really sure where to go from there.
any advice would help

thanks in advance

fernando

Hi

The quickest way to get into oz is try and get a aussie company to sponsor you out there but you will need to get medicals and chest exrays and you will need good references from your last employer and also you will need a police report as they will not let you in if you have police record , it can take up to two years and can be very expensive too. Or you can apply and you will go into a pool of people who want to get into oz but that way is not so good as if someone has better qualification than you they are likely to get picked first but hey i did it and have never looked back since . The only problem with scaffolding in Australia is any qualifcation you have is not recognised so you will have to start from scratch but you could be the best there but not get paid as a advanced scaff .Hope this helps and good luck

Top Bottom