Part two in jail (1 Viewer)

graham

Reaction score
I am working with a lad I have to say good lad but he has not got a clue how to scaffold he will run about all day for you but what is going on people have lost there lives on sh-t scaffold he is the first to say that he dose not have a clue he done two year in jail when he got out he was a scaffolder the jail that is giving part two cards out is in hull everthourp are some think like that the people that are doing this should be but in jail for putting peoples lives at risk giving cons very poor training then giving them there part two cards :mad:

Hi Graham

Just read your post, it's absolutely disgusting! I have family in the Scaffolding and Construction Industry and they take Health and Safety very serious, it's not just your own life in danger, it's the people working wth you. Your right the people giving these lads their part 2 should be sent to prison, it's not right.

DowntownForJobs:amazed:

Hi Graham

Just read your post, it's absolutely disgusting! I have family in the Scaffolding and Construction Industry and they take Health and Safety very serious, it's not just your own life in danger, it's the people working wth you. Your right the people giving these lads their part 2 should be sent to prison, it's not right.

DowntownForJobs:amazed:

If the C.I.T.B new just how bad the cons are trained i bet they would scrap it

Thats shocking mate. I know alot of people who gained there part 2 through the direct access scheme and they dont have a clue either. It reminds me of that. Don't get me wrong thats how I got my part2 but I had been scaffolding 9 years by then so was pretty clued up.

What I'm trying to say is that people getting cards in jail with no prior scaffolding experience are the same as the muppets who laboured for a year and then were suddenly part 2's it just doesn't make sense and as you say is VERY dangerous.

Sort it out CITB.

An ex squaddie was telling me that when he left the army a couple of years ago,he recieved a phone call from the royal british legion,telling him they could offer him a grant to do the basic part 1n2 scaffold course,but being a lazy sod he knocked them back.
Sounds like theres plenty of help for the wrong sort of people if you ask me.

An ex squaddie was telling me that when he left the army a couple of years ago,he recieved a phone call from the royal british legion,telling him they could offer him a grant to do the basic part 1n2 scaffold course,but being a lazy sod he knocked them back.
Sounds like theres plenty of help for the wrong sort of people if you ask me.

Scaffolding is a hard job very physical and you don't get a second chance if you get it wrong peoples lives are at risk so to give scaffolding cards out to cons is a crime in its self I don't know where some of the ta-t's come from

The above qoutes are very true I had been scaffolding for 2 and a half years before I got to go on my part 1 then had to scaffold for anouther 12 months before I could apply to go for my part2 then wait 6 months go on a 1 day assessment then I could apply for my card and also a lot of paper work to.
It seems the only people who understand the skills involved in scaffolding and the experiance needed to do the job correctly are the time served scaffolders themselves. To everyone else they think it's easy no thought involved just a few pipes here and a few planks there!

The above qoutes are very true I had been scaffolding for 2 and a half years before I got to go on my part 1 then had to scaffold for anouther 12 months before I could apply to go for my part2 then wait 6 months go on a 1 day assessment then I could apply for my card and also a lot of paper work to.
It seems the only people who understand the skills involved in scaffolding and the experiance needed to do the job correctly are the time served scaffolders themselves. To everyone else they think it's easy no thought involved just a few pipes here and a few planks there!

I know what you mean Dandaps it took me a good 2 years to get my part 1 then two plus I had been on the spanners for a few years so for me some people are getting fast tracked and the biggist killer is falling from height so fast tracking lads to become scaffolders is not going to help if all scaffolders
where trained to a high level there would not be so many fu-k ups

Brillant shows how good the scaffold training is in prison they cant even build it to get themselves over the wall it cracks me up lol
gaz

They couldnt get it level,none of them wanted to go straight lol.

This subject is a pet hate of mine that goes back a few years. I remember when I doing a 2 day Cuplok conversion course at one the (can't name it) CITB training facilities. There where a group of Prison Guards there taking Basic II as they were trying to keep everything 'in house' to minimize the risk of bringing in an external contractor.

Yeah, I could see the point from a safety and security point of view, but Prison Guards aren't in the business of erecting and dismantling scaffolding on a daily basis. Therefore it would become very easy for them to become complacent in a profession they are not time experienced nor time served in, putting themselves at risk!

No one likes working the nicks and with SGB we had our fair share of them, Rampton being one of the scariest! But again, it's was taking away our bread & butter.

As for rehabilitating ex-cons, truth be told none of us are angels in this profession to start with anyway and there are some decent folk get locked up for some of the stupidest things (sympathising with football and drink related related crimes here) and do deserve a chance as it is nigh-on impossible to find employment with a record nowadays.

With regards the issue of certificates, a definite no as I fail to see how you could gain any experience inside. There is also the quality of training, I don't know of any CITB NVQ certified Instructors that operate out of the prison system? Job placement I would strongly agree with. Tickets are to be earned in the real world, on site!

Cheers,
Phil.

Last edited:
Top Bottom