Public liability (1 Viewer)

transom

Reaction score
Is it worth paying extre pl for an employee if you only doing bits and bobs for ur self on a weekend and only worried about some one trying to claim off ur own work ie a job coming over on some parked cars etc or some one climbing on ur scaffold and falling off who shouldnt be on it in first place, the difference in cost for yourself as opposed an employee is quite a lot any advice on pros and cons

Worth it for me and should be reflected in your costs. Get it and put your prices up.:idea:

Surely if your a supply and fix you would have insurance personally i wish i had for out on the streets now and then because you never know, especially with inexperience.

Cheers aom being working in chem plant five days but doing my own thing for four years on weekend and summer nights, two young kids to worry about now with potential claims so like you say it's worth getting and factoring into future pricing for peace of mind it's guna cost 1200 per year how much extra per metre would you recommend adding to compensate the extra cost any ideas on a formula would be helpful

That's only £22 a week so easy enough to work out but I would use it as an excuse to lump them up a bit. Do you supply your own gear?

Stevo I have had many a sleepless night when wind gets up plus everything is always alright till summet goes wrong ie my brother in law who is a roofer and who i do quite a bit for, in game 25 years without a scratch then has a fall from a ladder and breaks both his ankles measuring a job up, who stands that if you've put a safe job up and the labourer falls off scaffold coz he's been getting hammered till four o'clock the night before ?

You do, never mind what he has done the night before especially if you have been grafting with him you have passed him as fit for work. Get it.

How do you price your jobs at the moment transom?

Yes aom, it's sound when u busy two weekends or better but with recession biting and rent for farm to store my bit of gear and an extra 100 quid a month it makes u wonder whether it's worth towing ur ******** off or just jumping in stations

I dont even have a company and i lose sleep if a job aint right because i have bought into the what ifs. Get some cover 1200 pound is cheap as a fixer the cheapest i have found without sourcing through the forum was 1800.

Have always priced tenner a metre ledger length if it's quite a big job but if it's a small tower and quite high or awkward then either day rate plus expenses

Yes aom, it's sound when u busy two weekends or better but with recession biting and rent for farm to store my bit of gear and an extra 100 quid a month it makes u wonder whether it's worth towing ur ******** off or just jumping in stations

Yeah fair enough as soon as you have to start shelling out it becomes less fun. Maybe better think about what you want to do before shelling out too much more or you could end up with a firm on your hands.

That's what our lass wants so she can pack her job in at dhl aom, not sure whether I would be better letting her go for it she's the brains and after fifteen years my grafting batteries are gettin lower by the day anyhow thank you for the advice aom and I'm guna make a desicion one way or the other very soon. Stag night tomoz guna chill out now transom sighing off for night :)

I'm paying £800 for public liability but they want an extra £2600 off me to cover 1 employee so total of £3400. Been on the net n found most insurers wont touch scaffs n some want £6000 plus. Were did u get £1200 mate, wouldn't mind a bit that

Probably just based on what your earning Woodsie.

I must say that it is a piss take. Whenever u make money someones there to take it off u. How are young lads today supposed to get a legit job when it costs so much to take them on. Working just to pay for employee.
And then on the other hand for the young uns it's not worth getting off the dole coz they loose their housing benefits etc n make a lot more working on the sly, double edged sword, no wonder we' re in a recession.
Should be a politician lol

2K for signing up an apprentice and around 4K to train them, not bad help and beats sitting in the house.

Tony Watson flm insurance 01702 224598 sound guy any problem wi number and pm me back hope it helps :)

If you employ anyone (this includes casual labour only), by law you need to cover them under the Employers Liability insurance.
as a rough rule, owner plus one employee should be around £1,500 for a £2m PL & £10m EL basis

Top Bottom