Essex geezers (1 Viewer)

podgermad

Reaction score
Hi all again,

Nobody from Essex or East London out there ? You should all be retired now, at least the blokes I remember, so you should have time to have a peep in here and say a few words.
Nobody ever worked for SGB Barking or Evans scaffs in Mile End ? Can't believe you've all popped off one way or another.

Cheers for any replies.

No, I knew a couple of brothers but it wasn't Rigg and Joe Rothery tells me nothing either. Thanks for trying fellas.

i worked with barry rigg from southend at littlebrook inthe seventys.his bro was my suppervisor barking depot sgb

Podgermad, tell WHO you can remember as Ron Morley had 25 yrs with Barking, i was with them on/off for 15, be nice to know PM me.

Hi pogder
I.am working with a old git who workrd on evans scaffolding l can assure .he you he is alive

How u doing.evans of bow.jeeez that's a long way back.s g b.stated in there yard at 15 years old.then on to ryans.bet you no them also.all the best

I used 2 no joe rothery.well worked 4 him at sgb barking.mind u I was only 15 back then.someome told me he passed on.

I knew both Dennis Rigg and Joe Rothery from SGB Barking depot. Sad to hear that Joe might have passed on. Even when I knew him in the 80's he carried a lot of weight which was detrimental to his health. Both charactors in their own right, old school in the nice way.

Bobby Walker is still grafting him and Kerry Rankin
no stopping them old boys fitter than most thirty year olds.

Top Bottom