miller turbo lite (1 Viewer)

no its a retractable lanyard made by miller ....... you might be getting confused by miller lite which i do believe is an american beer

we have a few- there a cracking bit of kit but not really for everyday use,as they're a bit of a chunk to have dangling from ur harness if you dont need it, ideal for confined space like a liftshaft or tight beamwork areas they cost about 150 from sperian but you can pick em up for under 50 on ebay

I use one... its pukka.
Much better then a Lanyard.

Only down side is, is that apparently you need additional Harness Inspection training to test the f.ucker.
So might be grief using it on bigger Firms, but on normal sites, they work a treat. ;)

Looks like it works a bit like a seat belt ???jason does it lock up i you walk of to quickly when cliped on ? If you get me

Yeah it fekin does, reminds me off the time I hooked on and jumped from above on to a job and was left swinging about an inch from the board like a big pendulum.:embarrest:

I use one... its pukka.
Much better then a Lanyard.

Only down side is, is that apparently you need additional Harness Inspection training to test the f.ucker.
So might be grief using it on bigger Firms, but on normal sites, they work a treat. ;)

i think you'll find that who ever you do your harness inspection ticket with will only qualify you for their make, i did the sperian/miller course last year and it included this as well lanyards and manyards incl twin tails as well as other types of blocks like the falcon unlike other manufacturers, where you have to send them away to be tested, the other bonus with the miller ticket is the extended shelf life of the equipment in fact double others such as sala

i'll check the paperwork for you phil but i seem to remember it was about £130. for a 1/2 day course, if u interested pm me and i'll send you the details but it wont be till tomorror nite, sperian are only 10mins from me so if u need accom the nite b4 not a prob or a pic up from the train station

Last edited:
Looks like it works a bit like a seat belt ???jason does it lock up i you walk of to quickly when cliped on ? If you get me

It does, but you get used to it.
I clip as i need to... (insert the GASP of the HSE guys here :eek:) and find its far superior to Lanyard.

jason have you got the new type with the kevlar lining for upgrade edge falling - they showd us a video of the older type in test with a 9 stone test weight and as it rubbed the concrete edge on a pendulum movement it just cut through it like butter,scarry shiit- we all went away and changed them lololo

Just the old one, myself.
I dont plan on falling just yet, lol.

Outhern poofter should that not be grounds for a recall on health and saftey grounds?

dont think anyone does lolol

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

nah very clever really once it sez on the packet not to be used on concrete edge,they cover themselves savin the recall,they now only do the new kevlar type and obviuosly through shelf life and inpections all the old ones will get pulled,

as a matter of interest jason who inspected urs last time

Last edited:
Ort didnt reilse so that mean in your rams and what have you they shouldent be allowed were the is a concret edge? Wonder what he load on a normal harness lanyard is on oncree edge lol

Ort didnt reilse so that mean in your rams and what have you they shouldent be allowed were the is a concret edge? Wonder what he load on a normal harness lanyard is on oncree edge lol

although we use generic rams they are often changed to site specific so fall arrest would be changed ,for instance if we were on a regular type scaff than it would state millerharness and barracuda manyards, awarkward tight type work such as a lift shaft would oftern be a small block for ease of access ,such as a turbolite, anybeamwork swithces to a double tailed lanyard, and open areas such as handrailing a slab we'd use a miller falcon, it really depends on whats the easiest and safest:noworry:

just seen this on ebay may interest you
MILLER TURBOLITE webbing 2m 1018014 webbing 2m - Scaf hook+Twistlock FALL AREST | eBay

Last edited:
although we use generic rams they are often changed to site specific so fall arrest would be changed ,for instance if we were on a regular type scaff than it would state millerharness and barracuda manyards, awarkward tight type work such as a lift shaft would oftern be a small block for ease of access ,such as a turbolite, anybeamwork swithces to a double tailed lanyard, and open areas such as handrailing a slab we'd use a miller falcon, it really depends on whats the easiest and safest:noworry:

Just seen this on ebay may interest you
miller turbolite webbing 2m 1018014 webbing 2m - scaf hook+twistlock fall arest | ebay

nice 1 marra ill look in to that 1 am lucky to get just 1 type of harness and lanyard off me gaffer lol and am sure this yans a hand me down lol

Just had a look could you use 2 of these for the likes of beam work or would ya just stick to a doubble landyard due to expence or the weight of them ???

Top Bottom