Spring is here and so too, a New Tax Year Looms

BetterTAX

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just a quick reminder that the new tax year starts on April 6th. You'll be claiming tax back on 2011 - 2012.

If you're CIS, you can get started with your tax returns pretty quickly (providing you kept all your paperwork nice and neat, of course!).

PAYE guys have to wait for the their P60, probably issued in May. However, it doesn't stop you from getting your paperwork in order for when you get the P60.

If you haven't done 2010 - 2011 (or before), oh dear! You will be fined and the fines are quite considerable this year. Don't let that put you off getting things squared away though. Sooner it's sorted, the better.

Good post BetterTax.
Ill be 100% using you again.

Great Firm, great service. Highly recommended.

what can ya claim bck for when ya on paye?? i just thought it was for self employed to claim bck..

Hello Steve,

It all depends if you incur expenses or not when on PAYE.

We have many PAYE scaffolder clients. The main bulk of tax claims would probably be on travel expenses, but tools, equipment, workwear etc can be offset against your tax bill.

be no good for me then as i'm picked up from front door n dropped off, also our company buys us everything lol

Hi Kells,

All the details of our services and fees for PAYE and CIS guys are on the website. You might find our PAYE tax refund page useful.

Hi Steve,

From what you say, you're right, I doubt you'd be due any tax back.

There are lots of PAYE guys whose companies don't cover their expenses and expect them to arrive on different sites using their own means to get there. Even companies that supply tools often use low quality equipment and many guys choose to use their own - especially when it comes to workboots!

Good point BT, my wee mate bought a van to get him to work but it's only house to yard which isn't that far away but could he claim for that or is it just house to site on paye?

If it's just travel from home to a "static" yard/ place of work, then no, there's no claim to be made.

Top Bottom