The hard expensive way (1 Viewer)

paddy carr

Reaction score
:D:D
conservatory.jpg

Early 80's Scaffold to cone shaped conservatory, for Lead flashing. Why oh why ,would they not get me 2 beams, when i asked? Had 14 to do, made a canny wage out of them at the time:laugh:

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

The wording on the pic, is a cover-note for part of my college works, first stage assignment, on H&S stage 1.

LMAO, Looks like the job you were doing has vanished... looks a wee bit extreme..

Only ladder and unit beams though

Hi

In the early 80's you may have had ladder beams or unit beams, heavy. :smile1:

Not so many ali beams around in those days.

Interesting way to form the scaffold though.

Well done.

Chris End

It's a quality scaffold alright, just hope it wasn't on price on a Friday afternoon..

Double handrail as well Paddy,you must of had a vision of the future.:D

Very nicely done....

Maybe someone should have told them the simpler way of doing it though, when I built my conservatory (same style) I just left out the second to last roof panels and did the lead flashing from within then slid the panels in from the outside.

Dave.

Daz, after you mentioned the double handrails i checked my files, i had this pic in with my old photos, in fact the jobs were done in the late 90,s:confused:must be a age thing:)

The jobs were at Lesbury village, near Alnwick. The river Aln was at the bottom of the garden, a Joiner, caught a Salmon one day, and we picked conkers for the kids at bait times.:D

Dave, with it being cone shaped, all the roof panels and Purlins, went to a point at the top, so even if we left the panels off, you still wouldnt be able to work freely or dress the lead down.

Cheers lads:D

Cheers lads:D[/QUOTE]

Paddy mate, wouldn't it have been cheaper to hire a helicopter and a squadron of bungee jumping scaffolders to boing up an down and do the work for you without the french catapult? Only messing, great job by the way:D

Top Bottom