"if you dont like it, leave." nasc quote.

• Thread starter scaffoldingsafetyservices
  • Start date
S

scaffoldingsafetyservices

http://www.linkedin.com/groupItem?view=&gid=3809154&type=member&item=101514384&commentID=72931378&goback=.gmp_3809154&report.success=8ULbKyXO6NDvmoK7o030UNOYGZKrvdhBhypZ_w8EpQrrQI-BBjkmxwkEOwBjLE28YyDIxcyEO7_TA_giuRN#commentID_72931378[/URL]

ANY NASC MEMBER USING AGENCY STAFF WILL BE STRUCK OFF. COMMENT FROM THE REGIONAL MEETING.

HOW MANY USE HUDSONS. LOOK AT THIS POST.
Attention all scaffolding firms - Hudson Contract blog

Nearly the same message!

I was at last Tuesday's South East regional meeting. The NASC managers brought up this same topic. They warned all of the members present that if they caught anyone using Hudsons or any auther labour agencys, they would immediately kick that company out of the NASC:amazed:

During any auther business 1 member had a right go at the management as said that the members were being financially hamstrung. The ridiculous rule where all memebers had to directly employ 90% of its workforce meant that when tendering for jobs against nonregulated members, an NASC member has a 20-30% financial handicap compared to other nonmembers. All the members clapped their approval, but Robin James & Mel Archer just dismissed his claims and stated you have a choice! if you don't like it you know what you have to do. Some members claimed that last years vote on weather to keep this stupid rule was rigged and demanded a vote by show of hands. Robin James shouted at the members saying their will be no show of hands at this meeting and this subject was not open for discussion. All scaffs no that big companies like Deborah's, Trad & Tone use Hudson's all the time. The NASC only looks after bigger outfits & trainers like Simian ect. the little companies dont get a say or look in. We will be joining the new scaffolding Assoc. because they want to look after their members from an H&S point of view.

Good news for the little man bad news for nasc I hope so!

I don't agree. As far as I can tell the members themselves set the criteria.

Will You

Will you resign your NASC membership?
I was at last Tuesday's South East regional meeting. The NASC managers brought up this same topic. They warned all of the members present that if they caught anyone using Hudsons or any auther labour agencys, they would immediately kick that company out of the NASC:amazed:

During any auther business 1 member had a right go at the management as said that the members were being financially hamstrung. The ridiculous rule where all memebers had to directly employ 90% of its workforce meant that when tendering for jobs against nonregulated members, an NASC member has a 20-30% financial handicap compared to other nonmembers. All the members clapped their approval, but Robin James & Mel Archer just dismissed his claims and stated you have a choice! if you don't like it you know what you have to do. Some members claimed that last years vote on weather to keep this stupid rule was rigged and demanded a vote by show of hands. Robin James shouted at the members saying their will be no show of hands at this meeting and this subject was not open for discussion. All scaffs no that big companies like Deborah's, Trad & Tone use Hudson's all the time. The NASC only looks after bigger outfits & trainers like Simian ect. the little companies dont get a say or look in. We will be joining the new scaffolding Assoc. because they want to look after their members from an H&S point of view.

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Will you resign NASC?

so how many jobs will this cost. how many lads ar on Heathrow at the moment via agencies ect?
how many are working for Grum on the stations?

I've been with Hudson's for almost 3 years now, on Trad & Benchmark. Would p1ss me off if I have to go on the books. Much better off as I am.

Have mentioned before about a certain Liverpool firm ,a member of the NASC ,that uses lump(cash in hand)labour all the time!!

Not really John, and again there is a more than good chance I am wrong but I might have heard somewhere they are obliged to review all their guidance every 5 years as are we all.

agencies

The NASC members who are moaning about Hudsons and the like only want to avoid paying holiday pay (29 days) and not to pay for training us the scaffolders. The same applies to non NASC members who only want to employ you as cheaply as possible their only interest is purely commercial. Wake up the guys, no wonder the unions support proper employment!

I have always had the opinion that for any business to flourish you have to invest in your men with regard training and try and pay them accordingly. When I started I got my part 1 paid for as they needed someone to have at least started their training to appease the hse which was acceptable at that time but after that apart from one off shore refresher and a medical I have had to pay for all my training since which I think is wrong. I know there are plenty on here who have done it like I have and just move around wherever the cash is which is fine if that's your bag but for me pay the holiday pay, train your men as best as you can afford and you will reap the benefits. Maybe it only works on a small scale but I feel some firms don't deserve good scaffolders on their books as they have never trained any which is a disgrace.

DSL use 60% contractor labour when they are busy!

New owners should be interesting.

:blink1:

As long as it averages out over the year they will be fine.

Top Bottom