Rigger Boots (1 Viewer)

TAC

Reaction score
Rigger boots I think are still the best boots ever... :idea:

I miss wearing them as the firm I work for have band them on all our sites :mad: I know they do not give you any ankle support but still there are very comfortable to wear.

My question is, does any one still wear them....

Rigger's are banned on all network rail work as well as many companies and sites. I always found the lack of ankle support a problem also they snag on fittings and other protusions. Monkey boots.....now they were a good boot but no toe-tector!

Toe-tectors,
I remember a big poster in our offices at GKN in Hull to show which type of boot you wanted, is the monkey boot the big black ones which look like Doc Martins with lases about 3ft long....

I've yet to find an ideal boot.. I bought jallatte's a couple of times, believing they were the "wonder boot", only to find they went "baggy", in a massive way, after a little while. The best ones i've seen, but never tried, seem to be the boots the guys wear offshore. They lace-up, but have a zip down the side of them. Again, never actually tried them.( but they look good)..

Rigger's are banned on all network rail work as well as many companies and sites. I always found the lack of ankle support a problem also they snag on fittings and other protusions. Monkey boots.....now they were a good boot but no toe-tector!

Monkey boots now there's a blast from the past :cheesy: very popular with skinheads of the fairer sex if my memory serves me right :bigsmile:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f0/Monkey_Boot.jpeg/600px-Monkey_Boot.jpeg

Last edited:
Try Hi-Tech Magnums Protector, dogs dangly bits, special forces wear them, without the toe-cap, however, with the toe-cap fit like a glove:eek:

I've yet to find an ideal boot.. I bought jallatte's a couple of times, believing they were the "wonder boot", only to find they went "baggy", in a massive way, after a little while. The best ones i've seen, but never tried, seem to be the boots the guys wear offshore. They lace-up, but have a zip down the side of them. Again, never actually tried them.( but they look good)..
I use the zip/lace up boots m8 spot on, good support and quick to get off when nashing for the canteen:D

I still wear and issue the rigger boot, I don't think you can beat them for a general purpose boot. If any of the boy's objected I could easily swap them for them but so far no one has. I think it was Mansell that banned them from their sites a couple of years ago when we were on it but when I explained to the project manager that they were part of a ppe package and very good at ensuring the bottom of the overalls were not in contact with the ground he seemed to accept it and turned a blind eye.

Top Bottom