score card

davidjackson

Reaction score
hi everybody just new to the lol. i just sat my advanced just need my assessment. but i heard you can use the score card as the assessment. 3 people that i work with at cape in grangemouth. have got there advanced through this way. i dont know if i have the right one any help.
email address is davidjackson1984@hotmail.co.uk

grangemouth

HI..just wanna say hello. I've been working in grangemouth aswell ( for Cape )2008 nights.

i was there fccu shutdown i done the kathopper. 12 hour shifts all the way thru that shutdown

Last edited:
hi everybody just new to the lol. i just sat my advanced just need my assessment. but i heard you can use the score card as the assessment. 3 people that i work with at cape in grangemouth. have got there advanced through this way. i dont know if i have the right one any help.
email address is davidjackson1984@hotmail.co.uk

Hi David,i don't know about the score card but the two day assessment in Glasgow is a dodil,anything coming off in the newyear in Grangemouth i work for Cape offshore and on my notice after over 4 years.

hey daz aye its a really good job like. just the money is a little bit **** lol. where did you get sent to after torness.

Hi David,

I was wondering how you got on with your score card. One of the boys at work has one and has started training from scratch. I was surprised to hear you could use it for anything other than breaking in to the shack. Any info would be appreciated.

Yeah just send in the scored card inplace of the assessment to citb. There has been a few guys that I know didn't sit there assessments. Just send the certs along with the score card when ready to apply for scaffolders card. Hope this helps mate

Thanks for that David, I will pass that on. Every day is a school day on the forum.:D

Thanks for that David, I will pass that on. Every day is a school day on the forum.:D

from my recollection the score card has a SVQ 2 or 3. If you pass your advanced you already have the SVQ 3. Simple.

from my recollection the score card has a SVQ 2 or 3. If you pass your advanced you already have the SVQ 3. Simple.

Why do they accept the SVQ and not the training?

No you have to have the training as well now. The original score card was issued by citb with no training, a HSE inspector watched an advanced scaffolder after being assessed by score and ordered the citb to revoke them as the scaffolder was useless. However the NVQ stood as it was under the CAA, hence you complete the training and dont need the assessment.

I have been informed that this will change in January as you will need to go back to the training centre irrespective of having an NVQ for a skills test, pass or fail.

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

sorry the skills test will be pass or fail

News to me buba. We have a guy at work with one but he has started retraining from scratch which I feel is a bit strong. He did training for this ticket though through another provider. I might get him to nip on and get the rest of his training to save on assessment.

check it out, if he has a SVQ ill bet he can get round it. However the loophole may be closed, you cannot do an NVQ twice in the same subject unless its revoked or a different level.

i am in possesion of a score card and was wondering whether i would be able to send it to citb and they would replace this with one of there own cards ... it is an advanced level three card and i have been in the trade for almost 10 years

Sorry slim but as I understand it you will have to do some kind of training to get a part two card never mind part three advanced . These score cards were always a bad idea , honest guys getting done over again .

i am in possesion of a score card and was wondering whether i would be able to send it to citb and they would replace this with one of there own cards ... it is an advanced level three card and i have been in the trade for almost 10 years

Sorry slim, as scaffarobo say's, looks like starting from scratch, although maybe a wee glimmer of hope if you don't have to do assessment.

Sorry slim, as scaffarobo say's, looks like starting from scratch, although maybe a wee glimmer of hope if you don't have to do assessment.

Please excuse my ignorance, so people with a score card have to start again from part one, but dont need to do assessments?

Do you have to still wait for a year before progressing to part 2 and so on?

Thanks

The latest from the citb rep just the other day is send in your certs with a cisrs application form, cash and picture and they will send you back the equivalent cisrs card. My personal feeling is that this will not work but rep assures me it will. My advice would be give it a go and see what happens. Also come back and let us know how you got on as there seems to be a few in the same boat.

Top Bottom