rams for impact wrench (1 Viewer)

timthumb

Reaction score
hope to use the old hilti tomorrow on a kier site ....anyone had any experience on how they like them ...
i know my boss should be doing the rams but he would probably need me to find out as its me using the tool and he might just don't bother with it

Last edited:
Do your current RAMS state what method is used to tighten fittings?

Mmm, never thought about that yet. Might need to add a couple of lines to cover it just in case. Does anyone include them?

Been working on Kier site using mine. No problem off agent, better than a spanner it dunt get tired lol.

Earplugs and Tool lanyard, seems suffice for me. Helps being the H&S Rep as well though, i am like a Leper, no fecker will come near me.:D

And no fekin wonder, have you checked out the mirror lately?:bigsmile:

haha.

Do you really use the ear defenders with it Paddy, I know they are loud especially when working with beams as they vibrate right through them but there must be louder activities going on around you on most sites?

Its all about Time Weighed Averages, apparently...

The Average Time Exposed and db Exposure Limits...

Manufacturers Instructions should advise users...

Not quite on topic, however, related to db Exposure, Alustar advise that ear defenders are used as part of the PPE when installing the Alustar System...

Any one know the I W db levels and or exposure limits ???

Have to be honest Garry and say no, but will check Monday morning. Can't see a problem though as they are more annoying than loud. I know it's not very scientific or anything but I seem to remember one course I have done in the past mentioned if you had to shout to be heard a risk assessment may be necessary. What is the level before defenders are mandatory, is it 85-90?

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

50 db springs to mind,but i dont know why??lol,probally wrong:laugh:

haha, one of us needs a refresher.:embarrest:

PMSL, I think we all need a refresher, Mandatory was and or still is 90 db, however, that may be changed also...

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Just to throw a wee spin on it, wonder how much your Company carbon foot print has increased ???:eek:

I realise that this is not very modern and forward thinking but anyone running a 26 ton truck has very little to worry about compared to an IW.

Yip no comparison, just thinking about cost of re-charge ect ect---mind you charge on site goes without saying :unsure:

Haha,i'm gonna pack this guessing in,it is 90 db,i was thinking of kn's,honest,haha:embarrest:

Have you seen the range of batteries on charge on your average site nowadays? Nobody uses their hands for anything now it's all nail guns and screw guns and drills most of the shacks we visit now are reminiscent of nasa control with all the flashing lights. Are you a green Gary or just playing devils advocate?

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Haha,i'm gonna pack this guessing in,it is 90 db,i was thinking of kn's,honest,haha:embarrest:

Yeah yeah yeah, did you go to school with Paddy?:D

https://www.hilti.co.uk/holuk/page/...jsf?lang=en&nodeId=-449045&selProdOid=1103880

85 dec so close to the ear defenders limit ...
i have to decide on thursday whether i want one

then whether to buy or lease .........

i have bought the holder as opposed to big ball as i haven't been able to get on with it

decisions decisions
i get feedback from the other lads i undo the nut to far so it is aggro for them ...i don't want to be the blackscaff of the firm , but striking is really fast and i have to develop my erecting method

Go for it Tim---cant hurt...

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

Alistair---Devils Advocate perhaps ;)---We all have concerns regarding Carbon Emissions and the World Governments are Regulating the Carbon Foot Prints of Large Organizations---perhaps using alternative methods of Power i e Hydrogen Fuel Cells, Kinetic Trickle Charge Systems and or use alternative Materials to manufacture Scaffolding Component Parts, Materials that are more mailable and ductile which need less frictional stress to achieve the same Torque Value...

Feck sake has some c^nt put something in my tea :nuts:

https://www.hilti.co.uk/holuk/page/...jsf?lang=en&nodeId=-449045&selProdOid=1103880

85 dec so close to the ear defenders limit ...
i have to decide on thursday whether i want one

then whether to buy or lease .........

i have bought the holder as opposed to big ball as i haven't been able to get on with it

decisions decisions
i get feedback from the other lads i undo the nut to far so it is aggro for them ...i don't want to be the blackscaff of the firm , but striking is really fast and i have to develop my erecting method

go for the SIW 22-A, strips nuts that have been done up for months only just over £17 / month. your even covered for theft on a 80/20 split in your favour. tell the other lads your servicing each fitting by winding the nut right down the thread

Top Bottom