Tg 10 (1 Viewer)

jimmy

Reaction score
Any of you come across the new scaffolding regulations TG10 yet. cape are starting to train their people soon. seems the old regs BS5973 are going and the new TG10 coming in which means extra work from us in as scaffold dimensions will change. we have been told extra transoms will be used under boards, lift heights will be lower, std spaces will be shorter and plan braces will be used on normal scaffolds. any feedback welcome cheers jimmy.

I don't get you Jimmy?

TG 10 = Fire Retardant Treatments for Timber Scaffold Boards and Battens ???

We're working to TG 20:08 (good practice for tube and fittings) and have been for a while now.

BS 5973 was withdrawn ages ago?

my mistake, tg20 is correct, but at the moment cape still working to bs5973 so all this tg20 is new to us, we only here snipets of information from our managers. cheers jimmy.

To be honest mate I'm shocked that Cape aren't already working to the TG20:08, it's a revised version of the TG20!!

When you do start working to it you won't notice much difference, there are no massive changes, there are no extra transoms in general purpose scaffolds for instance and it's still 2m lifts.

Your supervisors should have trained you on it a long time ago!

cheers mate as I said in my thread, now they are talking about training us up to TG20. looks as if we are way behind some company's. when I worked for lyndons they were on top form when new regs came in. anyway thanks for your info.
cheers jimmy.

Top Bottom