worse job ever

graham

Reaction score
There can not be much worse jobs than what i have done over the last week i'v been scaffolding out a sh-t tank well five of them the smell bit's of rag the lot there can not be a worse job out there for a scaff are is there i no it's the worst i have had to do :push:

done one a few years ago, not very nice. hope you had your jabs before you started the work. cheers jimmy.

done one a few years ago, not very nice. hope you had your jabs before you started the work. cheers jimmy.

Not very nice is it jimmy i must of upset some one to get them jobs one night when i got in wor lass asked if some one had been spraying me with fart spray says it all :sick:

Done a couple of these years ago, remember climbing up the middle column to put some beam clamps on , a shitty tampon was dangling inches away from my face :sick:

Done a couple of these years ago, remember climbing up the middle column to put some beam clamps on , a shitty tampon was dangling inches away from my face :sick:

Thats right decromax thats the worse bit there are all sorts hanging from the steps going into the tank most of it is shredded rags and tampons and condoms its got to be the worse job out there for scaffs :sick:

Look on the bright side , at least its work , something that is pretty scarce these days.

Done a few hangars a couple of years ago into some tanks , the lft was approx 8" above the crap , we were doing ok until someone dropped a double on the second to last one which broke through the crust .... words cannot describe the stench :sick:

Reminds me of when i done a few of those **** tanks myself.Iwas provided with a lovely all in one rubber wetsuit,up to me manboobs in floaters,jamrags,and jonnies all day.
The lad i was working with loved seeing me in this position,humoured him all day,but i had the last laugh when i asked him for a board,and he poked his head into the hatch to ask what i wanted,opened his kisser and his false gnashers dropped out into the crap.
Grabbed hold off them and the dirty get washed them in swarfega and put them back in. nice

Last edited:
Reminds me of when i done a few of those **** tanks myself.Iwas provided with a lovely all in one rubber wetsuit,up to me manboobs in floaters,jamrags,and jonnies all day.
The lad i was working with loved seeing me in this position,humoured him all day,but i had the last laugh when i asked him for a board,and he poked his head into the hatch to ask what i wanted,opened his kisser and his false gnashers dropped out into the crap.
Grabbed hold off them and the dirty get washed them in swarfega and put them back in. nice

lol:laugh:

I its not very nice when you drop some think in but its very funny when your mate dose :bigsmile:

been there as a labour lifting geat up lol making sure i got scaffs back for all the **** thed give me over the months scraping the **** of the tube on the opening dropping right back down on them who had the last lol i know its bad but av allways said when theve got me ill get ya back not to day not tomorrow but ill get you back and have every time

Bringing an old thread back to life. :idea:

Worst Job ever.

I worked on Blackfriars Bridge train station on nights for about 6 months, before moving over to Farringdon train station.
Farringdon is 1000% better in every way.

It was a Health and Safety nightmare.
'So-called' Safety Inspectors on your case all day, Foreman or Grey-hats (basically paid grasses) being total jobs-worths for little to no reason, as the job was running well on schedule.
Not wearing a company hi-viz was a sack-able offence...

They even went as far as trying to sack people for not having their names on their hardhats!

Just an awful job all round.
Im well rid of that place and apparently Blackfriars day shift was even worse!?

Guys on there being sacked for having dirty work trousers, i kid you not. :mad:

did one in 88 ,no rubber overalls or gloves,the worst thing was the little red weavel worms on everything you touched.

Yeah I've done one of those as well. Was given no protective gear, not even a pair of wellies. Had to crawl through a 3' high tunnel about 40' long, then do the job while the tank started to refill with sh!t water. By the end of it my boots were ruined and my jeans stank of sh!t. Had to call it half a day because of it.

Total cost, Diesel + new boots, - half day wage = NOT WORTH IT.

Done a birdcage in a tank and the leading hand was TKO'd by a 12" rock hard turd falling 20ft that I clipped when hemping a long, hit him right on the bonce, never could fill in the accident form as i kept pissing myself and he was to embrassed to report it:embarrest:

I worked in a couple of shiit tanks. They are awful places.
Nothing worse then getting a bit of pony (shiit) stuck in the end of your spanner. :sick:

peice of piss more like a load of crap.
done one years ago myself the tank had neen emptied when be butted off the wall the tube sank about six inches into slurry ****.
the old scots addage of bowfing springs to mind

Top Bottom