Scaffolding Designs (1 Viewer)

SWS

Reaction score
Hello.

Im was wondering if any1 has any information on producing your own structural scaffolding drawings. Is there a training course and software available to allow me to produce drawings for advanced work myself. I currently have the CAD "Model It" program which is no good at all for what I need. Thanks for your time. Jonny

If its just drawings then AutoCAD would suit your needs and courses are usually run from a local college.

If its actual design you want to do then you'll need to complete a HNC/D or BEng/BSc/MEng/MSc in Civil Engineering.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info nick. I need to produce some drawings for some loading bays but my CAD program only does them to 4m high. And its £180 per loading bay for Optima to design them!!!!

How high are you going and what sort of loading is it for? If its nothing to out of the ordinary then one of the nice chaps on here may have a generic drawing they could shoot your way.

They are just standard loading bays, 13ft long by 6 lifts (roughly 33ft) 1.8m lifts, loading for 10kn. My CAD program gives me a 2D drawing but it want give me TG20 checklist as it hasnt been designed. If you have a drawing that may be apprioate it would be much appreciated. email: enquiries@southwesternscaffolding.co.uk. Thanks so much for your time

They are just standard loading bays, 13ft long by 6 lifts (roughly 33ft) 1.8m lifts, loading for 10kn. My CAD program gives me a 2D drawing but it want give me TG20 checklist as it hasnt been designed. If you have a drawing that may be apprioate it would be much appreciated. email: enquiries@southwesternscaffolding.co.uk. Thanks so much for your time

Morning SWS,
it is worth remembering that a "drawing" is not a "design" the design element is the written proof that the structure drawn works ie calculations.
If Optima are offering this as a service for 180 quid I think it is good value. Consider the number of towers you need to build and devide that number into the cost example 6 towers = 30 quid each.
Also consider the onus for design adequacy remains with the design provider.

Cheers Nick, much appreciated.

Morning Alan, I understand what you are saying. I just think a loading bay is something standard and they probably just add a couple numbers in and print off. Also, a couple of the loading bays vary slightly in layout so would need individual drawings.

The drawing i sent is only good if thats exactly how you're going to build it. Any variation on bay lengths or lift heights or loadings would render the design void and would need looking at based on you're brief.

As Alan said £180 is not a bad deal. You'll probabley find thats just for the first drawing then it would drop to an hourly rate after that. If you've been asked to erect a designed scaffold then its not worth trying to bump it because no one will sign it off untill the structure has been justified.

Just something to bear in mind mate.

Top Bottom