personal insurance - what a joke (1 Viewer)

S

southernpoofter

back in the mid 80s when i first started on site we had a visit from a guy from the combined insurance company of ameria CICA - selling policys for accident cover especially for the self employed builder types which at the time where really good cover for what was a small bi-annually premium, i had to claim on it once around 89 when i injuried my knee on site and they paid up fast and a good settlement - over the years i have increased the premiums and taken more insurances such as hospitisation, and a few years ago after losing a close friend then upgraded to include a critical illnessplan and life insurance all in all i'm now paying around a grand a year - so after all this i would have considered myself a good honest customer of maybe not......
last year i was involved in a quad accident while on holiday, and although wasn't aware at the time over the next couple of months started to develope symptoms of whiplash, but just put it down to a hard week on the spanners and overstreching etc, then i woke one morning unable to move - to cut it short after several doctors,scans & consultants etc it was found that i had ruptured 2 discs in my neck,and was now not able to work,and was awaiting a operation to remove the discs and fuse the bones so i thought i'd put a claim in, after over 6 weeks waiting for the claim forms i continued to have treatment including a cortisone injection in my neck to try and releave the pain whilst waiting for the operation.
Now after 6 months of therapy ( cost at my expence)and 3 differnt type of pain killers, and 2 injections, i'm back at about 80% of my fittness and back at work and after phoning the insurance company to ask where my claim was, was told by a Mr fussard-singh that they were not going to process it due to fact that i didn't inform them about the original accident within 30 days even though i had no pain/symptons.
i sent several fuuucks down the phone and informed them i was going to stop all my policies -yesterday i received a check in the post from the insurance company for £47.35 what a fuuuccckuing insult i was expecting in excess of £8k.
so moral of the story if a CICA representative knocks on your door or arrives at the site canteen tell him to go and get fuuucked, and remember an insurance is only as good as they tell you it is when u try and claim on it and they actually pay

Ther b@stards have you reviewd the small print your self ? Normally you get 3 years to place a claim for personal in jury after the injury took place maby tryign to fob you off the cants but yeha take a look threw the small print your self? Whos to say it actually happend in the quad accident i asume your thinking ti was the quad accident??? Could of been ya jumped up in your sleep after falling asleep in ya chair watching the footy whos to knowad look in to it marra

Mmm, not good SP. Personally I have none of these things as after being burned twice with worthless endowment mortgages in the early years it has left me with nothing but mistrust of all these things. I do have insurances but really only because I am legally obliged to carry them, I have never claimed and touch wood never will. I understand your frustration but my advise to anyone will always be, stay away from the suit wearing non producers of this world it will always end in tears.

quick update -had another check landed 2day for £500 and a rather nice call pleading not to close all my policies, after throwing fuuccks left right and centre, and a letter from my consultant to say that although the accident could have been the catalist of the injury, the fact is with ruptured disc the symptoms dont always show for several weeks but i could have done it by even standing up a ladder - which i suddenly remembered i had done a few days b4 the symptons started lolol (yeh right ,play em at there own game) they have agreed to review the situation (and hopefully the payments lolo)

not upto speed on this one but i have the jist
get plenty out of them bud and if you dont call in the human rights lawyers that always gets you at least a mill ;)

DAFFSCAFF HUMAN RIGHT SCAFFS DONT HAVE RIGHTS TREAT WORSE THAN DOGS :laugh: SOOTHERNPOOFTER YEHA TRY A LETTER FORM A SOLICITOR COST YA ABOUT 300 QUID FOR A LETTER OF INTENTION THAT WILL GET WHAT YOU WANT

Top Bottom