impact wrench or impact driver? (1 Viewer)

scaff101

Reaction score
whats the diffrence, and which one should i get to replace the old trusty!

impact driver although cheeper is for puting screws in- although you will have to buy a seperate 1/4 inch drive and socket that can be fitted and will act the same as a impact wrench makes it really long and awkward to carry.
impact wrench all built in check out the arlier threads, i would highly recommend a makita as we use them all the time...:)

Agreed but make sure you buy one that can keep the socket on. They were all meant to be supplied with pins and rubber retaining rings but not all were. A source of much annoyance to a couple of users.:mad:

worked with some lads from cheltnam last year who used the guns not alot of difference in time erecting,but you cant keep up when striping they are rapid,but the amount of fittings you get with the nut missing is annoying cos they just whizz em off if your not careful.

That is true, especially if you are using the hilti as it doen't have the brake of the makita. As with everything a bit of experience and care soon reduces that problem, we are still tradesmen after all.

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

Also Damo if you change the order you do things it can speed up erection time as well. A spanner man putting in the squares and an impact wrench filling it in is the way to go.

It's only a matter of time boy's and you will be pulled to the dark side eventually.;)

We used to ride around in horse ANd carts, but we use cars now :) muff sed

I think I'm converted! Info please IW users ... Hilti or Makita??? What models are each of them? And do Makita offer same or similar hire deal as Hilti???
All info gratfully received.......

Just bought my hilti 14 volt £ 309 comes with 2 batteries charger and case
Can't comment on the makita
Tried the hilti 22 v and found the battery a bit awkward

Important to find the right holder on your belt I have tried big lugg and a dewalt pouch ....
It was the pouch it's worth trying both and they are cheap enough to do that

I didn't ask the hilti rep about a socket as I bought a makita one

Ok think I'm leaning towards hilti at the mo... Have you been pulled by any one when erecting?? I'm in the southwest and every other firm seems to have at least one gang with one.

i can only comment on the mak and to be honest there are more of these out there than the hilti , although as far as i'm aware mak doesnt offer the hire deal that you can get with the hilti - try ebay you should be able to pick up a 2nd hand one on there for under a £100 thats where we bought a few from - the guys are spot on with the holder debate though, i'm going back to using the supplied hook with it instead of a pouch

unhappy to say it...the virus is not going to be stopped...next you'll all need to learn system scaffold and need courses to be a scaff..may even lead to carry a card.// wtf

I know Brian, where will it end?:wondering:

Top Bottom