Enquiries (1 Viewer)

PW

Reaction score
Obviously prior to your estimate what do you find is best in generating your enquiries?

In regard to live enquiries I would say for us ranked in position the following:

1. Google
2. Yell.Com
3. Yellow Pages
4. Word of Mouth
5. Banners
6. Vehicles
7. Thompson Local

I have not included within that list Repeat business (Of which I would say makes up the majority of our work) and tenders.

Be intresting to see others comments.

Cheers

Paul

Obviously prior to your estimate what do you find is best in generating your enquiries?

In regard to live enquiries I would say for us ranked in position the following:

1. Google
2. Yell.Com
3. Yellow Pages
4. Word of Mouth
5. Banners
6. Vehicles
7. Thompson Local

I have not included within that list Repeat business (Of which I would say makes up the majority of our work) and tenders.

Be intresting to see others comments.

Cheers

Paul

PW,

Is this advertising you are on about to get you noticed for lager tenders,

To be honest we only use NASC members to do my work for me, our clients insist on them to be in an organisation.

Hi TAC

In regards to tenders we do what I assume most do and that is getting yourself on Contractors Tender Lists by completing their Pre-Qual documentation.

As we do a lot of Domestic work as well as bigger stuff I was just wondering what worked for other people.

Incidentally, we are finding more and more Principal Contractors adding NASC membership as a condition of being on their lists hence the reason we are about to apply (again) Someone in the NASC must be selling them hard!! I've got to say though I have seen some shocking work erected by the so called "Benchmark" (No reference to that company may I add) Companies in our Industry...I've also seen some exceptional jobs put up by non members, lets not forget...of the 1000's of Scaffolding Companies in the UK only 200 or so are members...the others cant all be bad.

Last edited:
NASC Members

Hi TAC

In regards to tenders we do what I assume most do and that is getting yourself on Contractors Tender Lists by completing their Pre-Qual documentation.

As we do a lot of Domestic work as well as bigger stuff I was just wondering what worked for other people.

Incidentally, we are finding more and more Principal Contractors adding NASC membership as a condition of being on their lists hence the reason we are about to apply (again) Someone in the NASC must be selling them hard!! I've got to say though I have seen some shocking work erected by the so called "Benchmark" (No reference to that company may I add) Companies in our Industry...I've also seen some exceptional jobs put up by non members, lets not forget...of the 1000's of Scaffolding Companies in the UK only 200 or so are members...the others cant all be bad.

PW,

I totally agree with you,
I have worked for lager firms which are members and a few smaller firms which are not members, but it just a condition that some clients insist on sad to say.

All the best.

A lot of the bigger companies and were finding some of the smaller ones are going for NASC members which has brought us a lot of work.

Yell.com seems to have brought in a few out of town companies looking for scaffold contractors too.

Dave.

Top Bottom