Different types of system scaffolding

Eiraus

Reaction score
Hey lads, was hoping ye could help me put together a list of the different types of scaffolding out there. Not just the usual suspects like layher, haki, cuplok but also some of the lesser known ones.

Maybe even give them ratings? One star for sh*t Five stars for the mutts nuts.

Also a while back I came accross a picture of what seamed like a modern version a putlog scaffolding. It was a single standard made up of a box like beam with brackets you could set at whatever hight you wanted.

Does anybody know what it is? What its called?

Thanks in advance.

Kwickstage (yellow jelly) , Plus Eight , Plettac , Sets and frames (usa), Ring lok (Layher ripoff) , Safeway System (like plus eight) , Alustar , Tech lock , Sprint . They all have their strengths but have nothing on T&F

Last edited:
working for hertel for the moment and they are using a system called scaffom,and also plettac assco,the two are the same and basically its layher allround.at the end of the day its all crap and doesnt work unless its a straight line and nothing above

Peri is the main system used here in Spain,there are some right states erected over here,looks 5hite,and very flimsy...

anglok

one of the worst ones i ever used was sgb's anglok the forerunner of cuplok. 2 podger bolts every 500mm on the standards. oh and lets not forget mills metreframe butterfly brackets bolted to the stds and a welded box section frame 3m X1.5m slotted on, they stopped using it in the early seventies and i still see the odd std with the small holes drilled at 500mm spacing last but certaintly not the worst rmd up system i'll let somebody else describe this one

Van Theil

Van Theil is a dutch product, but know that a couple of firms in the UK use it. Its is good for brickwork as has a good adjustable board bearer/ transom.

ASP has a a system called OKTOLOK which is a Layher similar system.

Chris Eng:)

Sterling Unit Frame Scaffolding
and their cross level
Crab 32
and some US ***** that you had to pump up with your foot!:suspicious:

I dont like system scaffolds, haki is by far the worst ive ever used though they love it on the Tern, whats plus 8 like? RBG are starting to use it now ive been using what we call double arms recently, they are basically transoms that bolt to the standars and the ledgers sit in them and bolt up from underneith, I dont like them because like system there ok on straight runs but try putting a return on and it throws your standards out of line straight away as the double arm keeps the standard off the ledger by a couple of inches because of its design and I dont really find it much quicker to be honest! and there a pain to stack and get off the truck

I never knew Van Theil made actual scaffold we use wedge couplers up here for the most part and Theil is is the brand of choice. As for system gear I have never used a bolt connection on any piece I can remember everything is wedge Scafom Layher Sure Lock its all the same. The only odd ball I can think of are system trusses which require two wedge connections

Used them in Holland , quick to use but I can`t see the loading being the same . We also used a coupler were the wedge was seperate and you carried them in a pouch at the back of your belt . To be honest when a job got struck wedges were flying everywhere , not the safest .

Hey guys Safway just came out with a new technical manual for system scaff it lists all the info you could ever want about safe loading and erection of system scaff. The numbers and practices apply to most types of system out there I'll throw up a link to it www.safway.com/PDF/ORN2203.pdf I understand you guys are starting to use more system in the UK so I hope this can be of some service.

Last edited:
:mad::confused:Layher have bolt systemson spigots and staircase handrails etc.....THEYRE 19 ML ASWELL MIGHT I AD

Last edited:
Plettac 'Contur' System

If anyone wants an email brochure or erection guide for this let me know - you'll see for yourself how it can mould EASILY around any size & shape construction.

Goes up QUICK and just need a hammer to erect it (with a level for the first lift only).

Maybe I'm biased!!!

Frames are not system scaffold they are designed to allow anyone to throw up scaffold system is meant to be well a system allowing crews to throw up builds fast and safe

some ***** seem to think advanced scaffolders are stupid.just looked at jobs must have ticket for jelly.common sense scaffold not rocket science.another chance to get money out of you

Bamboo, sticks, piles of bricks, old pallets stacked 5 high are quite good na not realy, we used to use Entrepose stuff for stages and ramps and stairs and has anybody heard of SGB polyblock ?

Top Bottom