Steps and jordan clamp (1 Viewer)

big john

Reaction score
Ive read a few threads on the step and jordan clamp but im still abit lost.
Ive used both,liked both but find the jordan quicker.
Can i use the jordan still with SG:10?
If not,where can i buy a step?
Cheers
John

Yes you can or you can use wrappa slings even faster again.

Yes, you can use the Jordan Clamp but you may be asked to justify your method due to the hierarchy of controls, it doesn't stop you falling just mitigates the effects. Not my words but you may need to have a look at the step which is dead easy once you are used to it. We use the combi-safe one with the wee ladder to access it which is around £90 and available from nearly every supplier.

There are other methods though, you could slide the hand rail. Read the guidance and pick one that suits how you and your men work.

USWRAPPA : Anchorage connector

The WRAPPA is for single person use as an anchor point onto vertical scaffold poles (standards). It is for use with a shock-absorbing lanyard and full body fall-arrest harness. SpanSet recommends that all PPE be personal issue. It can be easily positioned while in use and pre positioned prior to the tube being installed.

Scaffold work is a dangerous activity - learn how to use the WRAPPA and make sure you understand how it works. If in any doubt contact SpanSet Inc.

ANSI Z 359.1-2007

Provides a quantified anchor point on a standard scaffold tube.
EWL 2 ft
Color coded to ensure correct installation and use.
Continuous polyester sling surrounded with a protective tubular sleeve
MBS 70 kN Supplied with clear user instructions
Individually serial numbered for traceability

Must admit, I have thought about it. Might see what condition the ones we have are in and change them out.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

£150 for a lanyard I'd rather get caught :eek::eek::eek:

What does the ordinary one come in at? I can never remember but is it not around £70.

ive just watched this and it says nothing about jordans,wrappa or barracudas

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-TuCg-kelA]SG4:10 scaffolding guidance - Preventing Falls in Scaffolding - YouTube[/ame]

It's the old one John, you can watch that bald bloke with the stutter on the new one.

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

SG4:10 NASC scaffold guidance updated - YouTube

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

He's got really strong stage presence hasn't he?

bugger,that was 8 minutes of my life wasted,ill watch the new one now

Don't do it John, you will never be the same again.:wacko:

ok,my head hurts,
so we can use the jordan as long as we use double lanyards?

100% clip on or behind a hand rail, it's a no brainer for me and the boy's are getting pretty good now. It has taken a bit of scratching of head and grinding of teeth though.

we're all on the miller kits alistair,good bondage style

Don't do it John, you will never be the same again.:wacko:

Agree don't do it, he was my gaffer ,I had to listen to him every day. I now hear voices in my head and the psychiatris bills are extortionate :D

aom, the barracuda stops your movement, alright if your on a hanger but rubbish on an independent, just not worth the cost;)

sorry m8 thought that was the general idea lolol if u had a normal hook on u could only move as far as the nxt fitting anyway/tranny so dont see the prob - they come into there own by not needing a jordan or wrapper and can fit it above u on a std without it sliding down,
horses to courses jakdan but i reckon there the best allaround i was fedup issueing the boyz jordans only to find that they've left them on the previous job or ended up in the fitting bin lolol:eek:

Top Bottom