harness question. (1 Viewer)

I dont believe so, the warranty should cover the first 6 months of something.

If it's just out the wrapper you will be fine but if not you may need to inspect it as you don't know what stress has been placed upon it. Even if it's brand new you will still need the original certification and all the right information should be visible, we fail more harnesses for damaged labels than for any other reason. The 6 month thing is also the maximum between thorough examinations, again it depends on what you are doing or even where you are doing it, more and more require at least 3 monthly inspections.

Aye it's unused out the wrapper. Got a letter about me part 1 saying all harness's needed a ticket. Didn't want to turn up nd be told to go home. Cheers

No bother, don't know how they do things down with you but up here the boy's don't take their own harnesses with them whilst doing their training, just too much hassle confirming all is ok so the NCC supplies everyone.

Good luck on your part 1.

down here they ask you to bring your own , then tell you to wear one of theirs for insurance purposes :sad2:

Tell them to feck off and just wear theirs, used to dish out tools as well, do they still do that?

On me letter says trainees must bring with them all
PPE and tools. And a apple nd orange for the instructor :)

If its Neta your doing it at they dont bother checking

Give em a ring, tell them you've not got a personal one. They will let you use one of theirs

they have spare tools for anybody audacious enought to turn up without them.

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

am i the only person who wandered around job to job for years without anyone looking at my harness , maybe the occasional check

they have spare tools for anybody audacious enought to turn up without them.

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

am i the only person who wandered around job to job for years without anyone looking at my harness , maybe the occasional check

We have been asked a few times to forward the paper work, maybe your firm would send the client the info without you ever knowing.

Jb

I've seen lads wearing ones that have been in a right old state so doubt if very much mate

new job today and i was waiting for them not to ask about my harness , and was surprised when they did , i think ive hust been hangin around too many dodgy jobs, lol

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

youll look the same as anyone else with the gear on markus, good luck,

heres 1 who inspects the harness your self and tga it yourself or some one with the inspection ticket or something? another thin on my harness doubble land yard heavy fuker its folder ove a tag that shows it ok to use if it looks like this but it its bene used the lable snap out of it and there is no label to show you its took a hit if you get me how eles are you supost to know as if it has took a hit the lable comes off ????

so whos had the real use of their harness ? anybody needed it ? i had a 13ft board break 3 lifts up on a birdcage , , i was hooked on because that day was an inspection day and H and S were walking about , any other day and i would never have been hooked on , i was very lucky ,

Top Bottom