big john

Reaction score
i just got quoted £2168 for 5mill cover with 1 employee cover at 10mill,
or £804 for 5mill for just myself,
sound about right?
cheers
john

Try Theses

Try Giles based in rayliegh essex worth a phone call ive used these for years and they are good on price.

All depends on what cover you have and what it says in the small print , some cheap insurances aint worth a w ank

most times it depends on your turnover and wage bill try richard cussons from BJP out of wokingham they always come back and beat all other underwritten by INK- just remember cheap aint always the way to go as you wont find out how good the insurance is untill u have a claim, i always advise to go with a reputable company with a good track record

i just got quoted £2168 for 5mill cover with 1 employee cover at 10mill,
or £804 for 5mill for just myself,
sound about right?
cheers
john

If you are a Limited company - this sounds in the right ball park if you are a sole trader with one employee then this should be closer to £1,750.
PL only @ 5mil for you would be £700.
Assume no claims.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

most times it depends on your turnover and wage bill try richard cussons from BJP out of wokingham they always come back and beat all other underwritten by INK- just remember cheap aint always the way to go as you wont find out how good the insurance is untill u have a claim, i always advise to go with a reputable company with a good track record

not looking to criticise but does BJP beat INK premiums without knowing the prmeium to beat? Do you get a second chance to re tender?
INK are a long established underwriting agency with excellent knowledge and history insuring scaffolders - there are cheaper markets than INK.

[QUOTE

not looking to criticise but does BJP beat INK premiums without knowing the prmeium to beat? Do you get a second chance to re tender?
INK are a long established underwriting agency with excellent knowledge and history insuring scaffolders - there are cheaper markets than INK.[/QUOTE]

every year we have several companies trying for our buisiness, bjp beat them all both with policy cover and costs, if theres one thing i hate is chasing for pennies, if a company comes in too high thats them out ,why would i want to give my buisiness to a company that suddenly decides they can do it for several hundred pounds cheaper or price match - this tells me they've tried to overcharge me in the first place and that loses my trust, rather just give me their best possible quote in the first place

Exact same way as myself SP. After a few carefully worded warnings from people I know and trust I have come to the conclusion that price is not everything in this game.

[QUOTE

INK are a long established underwriting agency with excellent knowledge and history insuring scaffolders - there are cheaper markets than INK.

every year we have several companies trying for our buisiness, bjp beat them all both with policy cover and costs, if theres one thing i hate is chasing for pennies, if a company comes in too high thats them out ,why would i want to give my buisiness to a company that suddenly decides they can do it for several hundred pounds cheaper or price match - this tells me they've tried to overcharge me in the first place and that loses my trust, rather just give me their best possible quote in the first place[/QUOTE]

This is how insurance should be bought! All too often we quote cheaper with improved policy cover (SCCR wording) but we find the holding broker gets an opportunity to drop their price to match ours.
I only hope that others operate and work the same way as you.

Sounds like you have your head screwed on right southernpoofter. It's very frustrating when you know you've been beaten by someone else who offers a far less comprehensible policy that we have offered, at a slightly cheaper rate. Those who put their business in the hands of un-rated insurers do run the risk of trusting unknown entities of whom it cannot be guaranteed will even be around in 5 years.

Top Bottom