job pricing (1 Viewer)

macdaddy

Reaction score
could anybody help with a breakdown of estimates for scaffold pricing in the E.Mids, ie, chimney stacks, semi-detached, mtr run... im new to this and need as much help as possible as it is hard enough to get jobs, never mind keeping them. any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

For chimneys I always charge a squad for a day, they are just not worth a meter rate. After that find what you need, it's not that hard if you take the time to think about it for a while for the basic jobs anyway. Try measuring a job at say £12 per m2 then try and work out what it would cost in labour and then work out what you pay out in a day and if your left with some spare cash happy days and if not up it to whatever till you are. The old adage if you win everything your too cheap and if you get nothing your too dear still holds true, you have to be realistic as to what you can achieve. My wee mate went head to head on a very small street job once, he worked for me but told me straight he was going to do it on a homer but was devastated when I went in cheaper and beat him even although he was using my truck and my gear and my trained labour to help him. He still hasn't lived it down.:D

thanks.. what about striking tho?? is that all in with the erect price or is that separate? if it is separate, what percentage do u charge?

All in macdaddy :)

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

It comes down to how much you need the work if your quite then the price has to drop ,
if your busy then up she goes :)

Everything we pricing up stoke way your lucky to get 7.50m2 and 150 a stack
Who you pricing for seddon or kier

i always say when pricing small work price backward afterwards to make sure you got enough profit ie deduct labour and traveling for both erect and strike dont forget any sundries items, dont forget the tax if your left with less than your original price-no profit u got to raise the price accordingly we used to say 1/3 for scaffolders,1/3 for tax man,1/3 for the company as profit, u'll have to tweak it to suit both your area and the current climate,
but generally works, try not to get succered into bigger jobs with little profit cos they'll tie up all your materials and stop u making money on future work- hope this helps :)

work out the labour costs and double it
this should work out 50% labour 30% costs and overheads and about 20% profit
this way you should not be doing work at a loss
charge between 4to6% of total price on hire after 4 weeks

Top Bottom