I just got quoted £1750 for a 7.5 tonne lorry by swinton,
Is that about the right price?
Cheers for any help
John

I just got quoted £1750 for a 7.5 tonne lorry by swinton,
Is that about the right price?
Cheers for any help
John

Seems excessive. depending on no claims bonus more like 1,250?
email me with reg plate or call on 01473 344400
REF Scaffold Insurance

That's a right rip off Big John, shop around a bit more, try the back of the truck trader or anywhere really, most will almost half that.

fully comp bigfish , but they saying only personal stuff is insured not business stuff yet it says nothing in the policy either way except we are insured to carry our own goods .

On fleet insurance there is no cover for plant being carried, whilst in transit or when parked up. so if the wagon is stolen, the claim would only pay for replacement of vehicle, not scaffold plant etc.
On most contractors plant policies - theft from goods in the open would also be an exclusion on most policies.

Just read your other post superscaff, sorry to hear the theft last night and more so if the plant was gone from the wreck.
the fleet cover as above wont cover any contractors plant, unless it is a modified adaption to the vehicle (ie cherry picker fitted by manufacturer).
This has always been the case; and I agree both insurers and brokers should highlight this fact when selling you the fleet insurance and any liability covers as well. we should tell you what is and isnt insured.

Cheers Morganlaw, Just Another example of why its almost impossible to run a business in britain , you either cant get insurance, you have to pay over the top for insurance and worst of all Though is the sheer lack of law enforcement in the country, very rare is stolen items recovered and even rarer still is the culprits getting a proper punishment .

In the last Decade we must have lost Approximately £85,000 of equipment to theft alone probably more,
Approximately £450,000 lost via companies going bankrupt on us , Yet the Courts, Police and government just sit back do sweet FA about it,

We will never get out this mess of a recession , who in their right mind would want to set a business up there is just no incentive.

Top Bottom