Help with breaking into Scaffolding (1 Viewer)

Hi Andy and Welcome To The Scaffolders Forum!

I will move this thread over to the training courses section, as I think it might get a better response there.

Regards

SF Admin

Andy,persistant phone calling,and door knocking,may be your best hope,if you get a start take a couple of months to find out if you really want to do the job,this type of work doesnt suit everyone,if you enjoy it look into getting your tickets,good luck mate..;)

I need some advice on how to become a scaffolder. I know there are level 1 & 2 Courses available, but it seems you need to be working in the trade allready!

Any help please?

spires.andrew@googlemail.com

Andy

Daz is right, perseverance is the order of the day. Phone up, call in the yard, seem keen and be prepared to start at the bottom.

In the yard oiling and painting gear, loading and unloading lorries can get a bit monotonous, but stick with it turn in on time, turn in every day and you'll get your chance on the elsie tanners.

Good luck mate

Thanks for advice, I have a hgv 2 so I hope this may help, Will start calling my small local firms first I think with a letter to follow, thanks again.

Theres loads of small firms plotted round your way and the hgv is a bonus-im sure a lot of them would be willing to train you-theres a UK scaff firm in rainham try them,im after a start and am gonna give them a call later.

Best of luck for the future Lads, The HGV and the advice about, rattling the doors and once in dont take it for granted, should steed you well for the future.

Top Bottom