G'day from OZ

Orac

Reaction score
Hello peeps thought i'd say hello, been here a week now & done quite a bit.

Sorted OZ driving licence $54 for a year.
Opened a bank account.
Done my basic & intermediate oz scaffolding tickets, didn't have enough time to do the advanced :-(
Currently sat in canteen at Olympic dam on an 8 night shutdown.

Piss test & alcohol tests done as soon as we got off plane.
Got smelter, wah, confined spaced & radiation inductions today & next 2 days, all good.
Btw the beaches are fookin fantastic, Aldinga beach is 5 mins from where we are living & you can drive your car on, there isn't a stone or pebble on the beach, I'll stick a few pics up when I get home.
:)

Nice mate, nice.

But surprised that its less then a week to get your Australian Part 1, Part 2 and Advanced??? :eek:

And the cheeky f.uckers don't recognise OUR CISRS cards!

It's an assessment because we have our uk cisrs cards, it's supposed to be 10 days each course, then 3 months go back & do the next course

sounds great orac, who are you working for out there mate?

Where are you Orac need to do my tickets when I land,how easy is it to find work,and whats the money like.Land on the 23rd.

Digsie if your going perth mate ring up perth training center they do a days course that costs 1100 bucks and you get your advanced course. as long as you got a uk ticket.

+61892589011

orac is the oympic damn as Sh-it as everyone says it is?

Last edited:
Olympic dam is full of nasty ****, but it seems ok no worse than any other industrial site I've been on.

Money is good but cost of living is more, cut your coat according to your cloth?

FIFO work is better paid than domestic/street work, but do you want to be home every night in your own bed or work away?

Btw the beaches are fookin fantastic, Aldinga beach is 5 mins from where we are living & you can drive your car on, there isn't a stone or pebble on the beach, I'll stick a few pics up when I get home.
:)

Hope you breathe in or they will think there having an eclipse.

hey, was working in sydney for a year just on my english tickets. worked fine.
so wanna go bk but having trouble finding a sponser?
have u found one?
was thinking of sending waco a **** hot c.v and seeing what they say?

cheers

matt

hey orac hope all is goin well and not to hot for ya mate.Good luck with the flys to :D

Aldinga beach is the place to be mate :)
oright Bretty boi, hows life down under? im planning on coming over next summer. how easy is it to get work round aldinga beach? and what sort of salary should i expect? if i'm lucky enough to get out there? I have my; part 1 and 2 cuplock basic scaffold inspection pasma ssts (site supervisor training scheme) cherry picker and sissor lift ticket forklift truck ticket first aid cheers pal, hope to see you soon:D

Orac hope everything stays ok for you out there, dont get homesick for this place, if you come back in 10 years or so to visit learn Arabic thats what we will all have to speak then

Top Bottom