PAYE Tax Refunds (1 Viewer)

BetterTAX

Reaction score
We're still getting lots of PAYE guys coming to us unaware that they are due PAYE tax refunds.

It's worth also pointing out that unlike other companies, we don't just look at your mileage and travel when working out what you're due back, we look at everything you are legally entitled to - that's what makes us stand out from the crowd!

Just thought I'd say that...

or I could say it like this!?

!dworc eht morf tuo dnats su sekam tahw s'taht - ot deltitne yllagel era uoy gnihtyreve ta kool ew ,kcab eud er'uoy tahw tuo gnikrow nehw levart dna egaelim ruoy ta kool tsuj t'nod ew ,seinapmoc rehto ekilnu taht tuo gnitniop osla htrow s'tI

.sdnufer xat EYAP eud era yeht taht erawanu su ot gnimoc syug EYAP fo stol gnitteg llits er'eW

(specially for upsidedown again ;))

hi i have worked for a firm for 11 years and have moved house due to me moving i now have to use my own car to work and travelin 100 miles aday can i claim my petrol back or millage ..before this i got suplied with a van. so been using my own transport for last 4 weeks since july the 1st any help would be appreacated cheers.

Obviously Bettertax will give you the definitive answer tugster but I think you have to be careful with this as a few in fact a lot got into a heap of bother years back by claiming back travel like this. As far as I know you can only claim for travel from yard to job not house to yard, it may have changed but caw canny.

Hi Tugster,

As aom has said, the travel you can claim for is to temporary sites. If your company is not re-imbursing you fully, and you go from home to lots of different sites, you should be entitled to claim tax back.

As this has only been happening for the last 4 weeks, you'll have to wait until the new tax year (April 2013) to make your claim.

However, the good news is that as it's a new arrangement, you can get into good habits now by keeping a little diary of where you have to travel to on a daily/ weekly (whatever) basis. Keep all petrol receipts (just shove them in an envelope) and MOT's. This is all evidence (should it be required by HMRC) and helps you to remember exactly where you were to work out your miles (or for us to if you need our help).

If you want to discuss it more fully, and even discuss if you are due anything over the last years, give the office a call for a quick chat.

I don't charge anything for that bit of advice :), that kinda stuff is always free.

However, if someone chooses to use our service, we charge a competitive 30%. And during the tax year 2011 - 2012 we're paying the VAT.

I'm sure you're trying to make some kind of point, sticky, but frankly, in this instance, it wasn't necessary because the OP was only after FREE advice.

We are always transparent about our service.

the point is that 30% is a bit much as all the lads have to do is fill a p87 form in from the hmrc and they can claim expenses upto £2500 pounds and this even includes work clothes, courses, travelling to work etc! you don't even need reciepts!

We never force anyone to use us, is all I really need to say. You're quite right, sticky, all the lads need to do is fill in a P87 and do it themselves, absolutely.

You're wrong about claiming up to £2500... many clients we have, we actually achieve more than that, but likewise, some clients are not entitled to that much at all. There is no magic figure that is allowed!

There are many guys who enquire with us and we will in fact, advise them to do their own return... yes, advise them, for free!

As for receipts, good luck with that then. Whoever has told you that receipts are not needed (or some evidence of expenditures), is misleading you. This may not be required in the first instance but when HMRC decide to look into your claim (as they do), you better have what you need... especially if you have no tax agent as a buffer.

Hi Kieran,

I'm sorry about that, although looking at the file online, we have your name spelt correctly, so I'm not sure how that happened.

Rather than send another pack out, it is actually OK for you, if you wouldn't mind, to just alter the form you have and initial it, to the correct spelling.

I do apologise for that.

Thanks

Top Bottom