Scaffolder wants to learn design

joesdad

Reaction score
Hello there I've been scaffolding for the last 15 years now from labour up to charge hand, but my body is starting to feel the effects of all the harsh winters.
I've been thinking about learning the design side of the trade but I don't know where to start, so what I'm asking is wether any of you designers out there could point me in the right direction,how to get started or if it's even feasible, any help would be much appreciated, thanks Marc.

hi joesdad design think u would have 2 go 2 uni for tht bud good luck wi it anyway were there a will theres a way buddy

Joesdad, there is a cracking thread for just that purpose posted by BMB I think using the experiences of a young engineer who started as a scaff going through the process. Search the threads and let us know how you go, good luck.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

http://www.scaffoldersforum.com/sca...er-scaffold-designer.html?highlight=designing

Found this joesdad, pretty much all there.

its minimum 5 yrs from starting to learn to being anywhere near capable of designing, you need good computer skills and autocad, engineering degree or diploma, hnd certificate then you are a designers mate , then an improver, then once you become a designer for the first 18 month to two year everything you produce has to be verified by an experienced designer .

Top Bottom