Work in aus

richie34

Reaction score
hello new on the site, does any have any kind of info about scaffold work in Aus ruff pay, is there alot of work, cost of living that sort of thing if anybody could let me no would be a great help thanks top site by the way.

search through the treads mate, loads of examples about everything over there,

but please don't meet up with any strange men in hotels for an interview:eek:

Richie
I can only speak fo scaffolding in WA
There is loads of work here, always looking for good scaffolders. The money depends on where you work..if your in the city you would be looking at the $30 - $35 per hour mark. If you work on a union Construction job you get penalties ( overtime pay ) and benefits.
To work up North in the Mines..on shutdowns scaffolders are $43 - $48 per hour flat for 12 hour shifts depending on experience and leadership skills. Construction work up North the rosters vary, normally 4 weeks on and 1 week off. Pay rates vary, you get around $34 base rate plus penalties and project bonuses which are paid off on completion.
If you manage to get offshore work the pay varies from which company and Rig you are on, but good pay either way.
The cost of living is high, rent is $350 - $450 for a 4 x 2 house, Food is high, Beer ( Pub prices $8 - $12 per pint...cheaper to drink at home..24 bottle pack is $40 - $60 depending on which Beer.

I just applied for my working holiday visa,got that and booked the flights.You'll find work on your British tickets but will need to get the Oz tickets.I arrive in Perth on the 23rd but wont be looking for work til around March wherever I happen to be at the time.

Dont forget the high taxes!! Its not all Home and Away and barbecues out here!! And you will need a WAH licence. Put in an ROI and then buy a large toolbelt that weighs about 40 kg. I lifted one up the other day and thought how do they work with that on!!

Yeh i think they go into bunnigs head straight for the tool counter and say chuck 1 of everything you got on a belt and ill have that.

Then they do a 9 day course and yeehaa iam a scaffie bro

any1 know about the visa tho cos scaffolder isnt on the 457 list ??

Just joined this site!

I moved to Melbourne 21 years ago best move....
Pay for what I do ok and house cost for what you get I think is good.
Weather on new years day in Melb was 40 deg C better that -15 from Scotland where I came from.

Give it a go if you do not like it go back no big deal

Top Bottom